SCADA Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||SCADA Systems Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000.00 per annum + Car, Pension|
|Contact Name:||Tom Mlinar|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2016 15:36|
SCADA Systems Engineer,
£30,000 - £35,000 plus car
Astute Technical Recruitment are currently seeking a SCADA Systems Engineer to work on behalf of a Water Company in Aldershot, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining, supporting and developing the SCADA system assets and software relevant to the specified geographical area in line with operational needs. The SCADA Systems Engineer will be required to work unsupervised to meet deadlines, sometimes in high pressure situations. You will be a proactive problem solver who is able to self motivate and see issues through to resolution.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Electrician to the level of competent person as defined by the Technical Memorandum - electrical safety guidance for low voltage systems. You will also need to have previous experience of maintaining SCADA for process control systems and SCADA database administration.
The successful engineer will be responsible for -
- Maintain SCADA assets in the specified geographical area in line with the preventative maintenance programme.
- Maintain the asset database to ensure SCADA assets are accurately recorded.
- Perform the duties of Level 3 Authorised Person in relation to low voltage electrical installations.
- Configure the SCADA database and outstation programs to meet operational needs.
- Assist Engineering department and third party contractors where interfaces to the SCADA system are required.
- Respond effectively to operational requirements to repair or replace hardware and minimise system downtime.
- Report potential problems to SCADA Systems Manager in a timely manner.
- Participate in a standby rota (currently 1 week in 3).
- Assist SCADA Systems Team members in other geographical areas when required.
- Attend relevant regional production team meetings on a regular basis to maintain close working relationship.
The successful candidate can expect a Salary between £30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus a Company Car and Fuel Card, Holiday entitlement of 25 days annual leave (rising to maximum of 30 days and dependent on length of service) / Stakeholder pension scheme / Life assurance of 4 x salary in the event of death in service / Employee Assistance Programme - confidential independent help, information, and guidance for employees and their immediate families
For more information or to apply for this position please contact Tom Mlinar on 02392 222961 or send a copy of your cv to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's