|Job Title:||Safety Manager - Power Generation|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||Car & Bonus & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||January 28, 2019|
Safety Manager - Thermal Power Generation
Yorkshire & National Travel
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for a Safety Manager to join the owner of a number of Combined Cycle Power Plants in the UK. Working out of their brand new offices based in Leeds, with travel taking you to Devon, Lincolnshire, Yorkshire and London, you'll be primarily responsible for developing the groups safety policy and standardising all Health & Safety procedures across their UK Generation Fleet.
The client operates across six countries, with over 20,000 employees focused on Power Generation, Trading and Energy management. Currently owning three assets in the UK with a pipeline of new CCGT and EFW's this is an exciting time to join this international company.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of Gas Operations, as Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Aligning each assets H&S policies into one group wide policy, ensuring compliance with UK & EU HSE legislation.
- Leading audits and inspections on site to ensure compliance with all reglatory, permit and license conditions including liaising with relevant regulatory bodies (HSE, Environment Agency etc).
- Providing both central and local based support on all Health & Safety matters, with a heavy focus on support during station outages and periods of high activity.
- Advising the group on identified issues to minimise risk of further incidents.
- Minimising incidents and risks through on site training, advice and policy reviews
- Ensuring all risk assessments are in place and that staff are trained and audited regularly for compliance.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree in a Health & Safety discipline
- Minimum NEBOSH in Occupational Safety and Health
- TECHIOSH or Graduate Member of ISOH
- At least five years in a heavy process industry, ideally Power Generation such as CCGT, Coal, CHP, Energy from Waste or Biomass however similar industries such as Refinery, Steel Mill, Cement Works will be considered
- At least five years working experience in a technical safety compliance position
- Having experience of contract/budget management would be a plus
- Qualfied as a Lead Auditor for example in ISO14001 & OHSAS18001
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Car Allowance
- Benefits such as pension and private medical
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.