|Job Title:||Safety, Health & Environmental Manager|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Roxanne Wharton|
|Job Published:||July 7, 2017|
JOB TITLE Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
LOCATION Tottenham , London
SALARY £40,000 - £45,000 plus Benefits and bonus
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join one of our clients based In Tottenham.
The role would be working closely across all operational areas, ensuring Health & Safety and Environmental compliance within the business that meets and exceeds legislative requirements. To develop, implement and monitor the Company's environmental strategy, ensuring that key targets for waste reduction and recycling are met in accordance with government and EU regulations.
Our client is award winning family run company specialising in comprehensive waste management services including skip hire, roll on/off bins, tippers, grab lorry services, recycled aggregates and screening, road sweepers, wheelie bins and demolition services.
The candidate would ideally hold a NEBOSH or IOSH Certificate.
- Monitor all Waste activities for compliance with health & safety and environmental policy, procedures and legal requirements and make recommendations for improvement
- Ensure that the company remains compliant with new and existing H&S and environmental legislation, proactively managing systems and procedures to ensure continued compliance with ISO14001, ISO9001, CHAS and OHSAS standards
- Carry out site inspections and audits to assess compliance with health, safety & environmental company standards and make recommendations for improvement
- Actively monitor, maintain and manage risk assessments, SSOW and method statements
- Regularly review the processes and procedures associated with hazardous waste
- Accountability for general fire safety responsibilities
- Monitor contractor health & safety arrangements and advise where improvements are necessary
- Incorporate any necessary changes to Health & Safety and environmental compliance into company policy, templates and base documents
- Investigate and report findings of accidents and Health & Safety incidents
- Create and present tool box talks for use across the workforce, ensuring that employees are trained in H&S and environmental practice in line with company procedures
- Analyse H&S and environmental performance data (KPIs) and produce a weekly trend analysis
- Develop and implement environmental action plans
- Set organisational sustainability targets and oversee delivery
- Manage the company sustainability targets and oversee delivery
Provide written reports, advisory memos and prepare legislative updates
- Ability to understand and interpret legislation and directives as per company procedure
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to train and coach staff effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write clear and accurate policy & procedures
- Ability to communicate at all levels across the business
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 222 965 and speak to Roxanne Wharton
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.