|Job Title:||Risk Engineer - Power Generation|
|Salary:||bonus, pension, expenses|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019|
Risk Engineer - Power Generation
Home Based - Worldwide travel involved
Excellent salary on offer + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting for 2 power generation Risk Engineer's to join a large insurance company that operate on a global basis. Their risk division cover industries including oil & gas, construction, mining as well as power generation. As a Risk Engineer you will act as an expert resource to teams in underwriting and claims, customers and the risk engineering network on matters such as property risk, business interruption, machinery breakdowns and environmental issues. This role would suit a solid mechanical or electrical engineer from the power industry (CCGT plants) looking to move away from O&M. We are recruiting 2 positions ideally 1 with a mechanical bias the other electrical.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Risk Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Performing site audits to assess risk quality on matters covering property damage, machinery breakdowns and general business interruption and/or liability to help underwriters in risk selection
- Carrying out risk engineering surveys of power stations involving established and new technologies
- Meeting with site O&M management teams as well as finance personnel on site
- Attending risk engineering surveys carried out by Brokers' Engineers where possible and validate their findings to underwriters
- Advising underwriters on engineering risk issues
- Consulting and liaising with other underwriters' engineers on risk engineering issues
- Regular insurance policy reviews with site O&M management team - anywhere from 12 months to 3-year agreements
This role covers plants worldwide so a flexible approach to working hours and working away from home is required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant mechanical or electrical engineering qualification at ideally HNC/HND level as a minimum.
- Extensive experience in a senior O&M position on a large scale power station, ideally CCGT but will consider coal fired experience too. This could include roles at a level such as Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer or Shift Team / Production Team Leader
- Good knowledge of power generation processes, procedures and related equipment
- Ideally insurance knowledge e.g. risk management programmes, estimated max loss concepts
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with Word, Spreadsheets, Databases etc
- A full UK driving licence
This is a home-based role with regular travel across the UK and worldwide on occasions. Candidates need to have a flexible approach to working hours and be willing to travel as well as visit the company offices in London occasionally.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this role:
- Highly competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- A company pension
- Discount on insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- 25 days holiday + 8 BH
- Additional benefits
- Fully expensed travel - car, flights, accommodation etc
For more information on the package on offer please get in touch.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve Utton who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.