|Job Title:||Remote Support Engineer - Onshore Wind|
|Contact Name:||Kate Tyrrell|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2019|
Remote Support Engineer - Onshore Wind
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are looking to recruit an experienced Remote Support Engineer to join one of the World's largest manufacturers and developers in the wind industry. We are delighted to present this highly sought-after opportunity to start a career within the onshore wind sector.
Our Client is looking for a local in-house Electrical Technician, to support the Field Team with servicing onshore Wind Turbines. The position will be predominantly office based, handling inbound calls from Technicians, Suppliers and Customers - rectifying any technical electrical and mechanical issues, support with fault diagnosis and supporting the dispatch team with scheduling maintenance and repair work. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career with a global leader in the wind industry.
As a Remote Support Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Answering inbound calls and supporting Technicians, Suppliers and Customers with fault diagnosis, onsite enquiries and product support queries.
- Work closely with the dispatch team to prioritise reactive and scheduled workflow, including ensuring the field service technicians have the necessary means to correct and maintain all aspects of the WEC.
- Monitoring the reports generated by the turbines to ensure accuracy and maintain the ESC reports database where necessary.
- Coordinate the material order flow and liaise with warehouse personnel to ensure an adequate and constant supply of stock and parts.
- Provide cover for the IT technician when absent.
- Working with other departments and technicians to create snagging lists for the WEC's.
- Covering other sites across the UK and Europe, requiring overnight stays and travel when requested to provide technical assistance.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- An Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Proven track record of experience fault finding and reporting on electrical issues in a heavy machinery / manufacturing / industrial environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of Health & Safety awareness.
- Willingness to travel and the flexibility to stay away.
- Experience in the wind industry would be advantageous but is not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Global leader in the Wind Energy Sector! Offering a competitive salary, plus benefits including overtime opportunities, a working away allowance, annual leave, pension and private medical.
If you would like to apply for this Remote Support Technician position, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.