|Job Title:||Regional Manager - Solar|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + Company car + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kate Tyrrell|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2019|
We are looking to recruit an experienced Regional Manager to ensure delivery of high-quality Solar PV Operation and Management (O&M) services across Southeast England and South Wales for Europe's largest O&M division.
This is an outstanding opportunity, offering quality career development and growth with a reputable Global Market Leader in the funding, development and long-term management of Solar PV projects. This exciting role is a testament to the rapid growth of this Industry leader and you too will play an integral part in shaping the business and operational strategy.
This is a multi-faceted role, that requires expert knowledge of the industry as well as strong leadership skills, with a high level of self-motivation and organisational skills.
The main responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the leadership and management of a substantial region, ensuring delivery of high-quality PV Solar O&M services for over 250MW of assets.
- Delivering safe planned and reactive maintenance, by ensuring the Engineers are carrying out their day to day duties to the highest standards.
- Supporting the Managing Director in the overall management of the region, including profit and loss (P&L) responsibility, and accountability for the delivery of targets to meet clients' expectations.
- Working closely with the Regional Planner, you will ensure the service orders are effectively scheduled, completed and reported against appropriately, providing trend analysis.
- Identifying and providing solutions to any recurring issues that result in a deficit of plant availability and performance using trend analysis.
- Delivering technical excellence and managing KPIs, including local operational and commercial governance and risk management.
- Build profitable ongoing relationships with new and current clients.
- Preparation and presentation of tenders and quotes for new contracts and additional services within contracts where required.
- Organise the procurement of subcontract services on appropriate terms when necessary.
- Manage and develop a high performing, profitable and sustainable Regional Team, by communicating effectively, focusing on employee engagement, performance management, employee career development, recruitment, retention, absence management and disciplinary/grievances procedures.
- Maintain operational compliance with Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality processes, policies and procedures, including relevant operational standards such as ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least 2 years' experience in an operations management or regional management role.
- Technical Engineering (M&E) qualifications
- A High level of technical knowledge within the engineering field, a comprehensive understanding of the characteristics, design, and scope of large-scale ground-mounted systems.
- A proven track record of new Client acquisition and relationship building.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to communicate at all levels, both internally within the region and the department, as well as with clients and externals.
- Understanding of budgets and P&Ls.
- Fully conversant in contracts, warranties etc.
- Recognised Health and Safety Qualification
- Being Health and Safety aware, and able to take responsibility for their area, ensuring full compliance.
- To promote the ideas of others, especially those that enhance performance.
- Strong leadership skills including experience in performance management, HR processes and managing a large team across multiple sites.
- Knowledge of the area/region covered.
- Good IT skills - Microsoft, SV, LAMP, QuickBase etc
- Experience in the solar industry desirable but not essential.
This position will be home based within the region, but the Regional Manager will be required to work from the O&M Head Office located in Bath at least 2 days per week. Overnight accommodation will be arranged by the company.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading company in the Renewable Energy & Solar PV industry. Offering a competitive remuneration package, excellent benefits, including a company car, mobile phone, and laptop. Bonus scheme, along with fantastic training and development, for you to continually grow with this global company.
If you would like to apply for this Regional Manager role, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.