|Job Title:||Recruitment Consultant|
|Salary:||30 days holiday and birthday off|
|Contact Name:||Laura Hinton|
|Job Published:||March 7, 2019|
Recruitment Consultant - Defence for Astute Technical Recruitment - Portsmouth
Competitive salary (depending on experience) + excellent benefits
Astute has an amazing opportunity for an experienced Recruiter with Defence industry experience to join at a pivotal time in the Company's expansion. This is a chance to make a name for yourself as the first Recruiter focused on this sector at Astute; traditionally we specialise in Power Generation, Renewable Energy, Waste Management, Water Treatment and Nuclear sectors but many of these blend with roles within the Defence world so there will be plenty of opportunity to work closely with the well-established teams in our business. If you have a different specialism under your belt but want a change then talk to us, we'd love a discussion about what you can bring to the table!
We can offer you a very rewarding career with the potential to build a team of Recruitment Consultants around you. We pride ourselves on the internal investment that we have made as a business - not only on growth, but also on staff welfare and wellbeing. This will not be a half-hearted attempt to move into the Defence sector - this has the full backing of the MD and senior team as we execute the next stage of our strategic growth plan.
We firmly believe in fairly rewarding our people for their hard work and as such offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits as follows: -
- Basic salary depending on experience with generous commission scheme, salary range starting at £20k
- Up to 30 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) starting at 25 and rising by 1 per year of service for 5 years to a maximum of 30
- Your birthday off!!
- Holiday trading scheme - ability to buy/ sell holidays
- Flexible working hours/ lunch times/ early finish Fridays and dress-down Friday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Company Healthcare
- Regular incentives plus Breakfast club & BBQs on the terrace
- Professional external qualifications in recruitment/ training
- Industry leading tools and technology to speed up your time to productivity
- Social events throughout the year including Xmas party with partners
- Bespoke office space with plenty of free parking, great facilities on site (Starbucks, Subway, Co-op, Beauty & Hair) and easy access off the M27
What we are looking for: -
- A high level of self-motivation to succeed, a flexible attitude to a changing workload and priorities, particularly in the beginning.
- An inquisitive nature with a willingness to learn
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great communication skills - face-to-face, over the phone and written
- A high level of integrity
As our Defence Recruiter, you will be responsible for the full recruitment life-cycle to our customers. Typical responsibilities will include: -
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities, this will include cold calling/ meeting clients.
- Managing existing client accounts to maximize revenue generating opportunity.
- Negotiating terms of business and offers of employment.
- Using internal and external databases, as well as your professional network, to identify potential candidates.
- Qualifying candidates against vacancy requirements by means of a face to face or telephone interview.
- Creating enticing job adverts and administering responses.
- Formatting CV's and writing comprehensive cover notes to sell suitable candidates against vacancy requirements.
- Preparing candidates for interview by providing comprehensive research materials, instructions and conducting pre-interview sessions during which you will advise candidates on interview techniques etc.
- Administering our internal database.
- Fielding internal enquires.
We are growing fast and looking for people that want to grow with us. This opportunity will suit someone with great communication skills, high attention to detail and the drive and motivation to build their own success. We will consider all levels from experienced Consultant to Team Leader/ Manager.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.