|Job Title:||Radioactive Waste Consultant|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2019|
Principal Radioactive Waste Management Consultant
£60-65k base plus £5.5k car and significant bonus
I have an excellent opportunity for an established UK based radioactive waste consultant with the right blend of technical knowledge, strategic and commercial acumen and industry credibility to join a small but highly capable team in a flexible and varied role with significant earning potential.
This is a heavily customer facing requirement, with a core focus on identifying, securing, and developing new business relating to LLW and NORM waste material disposal activity while maintaining the ability to deliver technical consultancy relating to radioactive waste characterisation and disposals strategy for the nuclear and NORM industries.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Championing safety culture, to include behaviour and values, with the goal of ensuring the health and safety of the public, environment, and your colleagues
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements both internal and external, to include environmental permitting and the company management system
- Building the company's client base outside of existing frameworks by virtue of effective new business development activity through demonstration of technical capability.
- Daily focus on existing commercial activity to ensure waste volumes obtained and processed are in line with business plans
- Senior level stakeholder management and relationship building with clients and partners
- Lead on domestic regulatory approval for international waste management projects
As an experienced, dynamic and self-motivated individual, you will have no issues working to your own initiative and without close supervision. This is a highly mobile role that will require flexibility regarding travel, but when not at client site the position is home based and so would suit someone that is confident and capable with remote working.
In addition to this, from a technical viewpoint you will be able to demonstrate your ability in the following areas:
- Comprehensive knowledge of and working experience with the radioactive waste sector, legislation and regulatory guidance, both domestic and international
- An existing established network with key sector stakeholders, with experience of leveraging this for business development purposes
- Establishing and then maintaining compliant and profitable disposal routes for a variety of wasteforms from the nuclear and NORM sectors, to include strong knowledge of different disposal services and techniques from both a technical and commercial aspect
- Understanding of current legislation relating to identification, assessment, packaging, transport and disposal of radioactive and hazardous waste
You will also hold a Degree level qualification in a relevant field, one or more industry relevant qualifications such as RPA/RWA/DGSA and a full UK driver's licence.
What's on offer
The base salary package is incredibly competitive, with a generous car allowance and competitive benefits. Bonus earnings potential is significant, based on personal and team performance, and the existing team is extremely high performing.
Alongside the above, this role offers you the chance to take firm control of the nature and direction of your work and join with a similarly motivated, skilled and successful group of experienced industry professionals.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail, or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.