Radiation Protection Adviser - RPA - Nuclear
|Job Title:||Radiation Protection Adviser - RPA - Nuclear|
|Salary:||Up to £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Bisset|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2018 17:24|
Radiation Protection Adviser - RPA
Workington - Cumbria
Up to £50,000 dependant on experience.
We are currently recruiting for a specialist nuclear decommissioning and radioactive waste management business based in Cumbria. They are currently looking to expand their dedicated RPA team to work from their Nuclear licensed site.
As a certified Radiation Protection Adviser (RPA), joining the businesses Technical & Compliance team, you will be responsible for…
- Maintaining and improvement arrangements for compliance against the Ionising Radiations Regulations and industry best practice.
- Providing radiation protection advice across the business.
- Line management responsibility for the Health Physics function.
- Training, coaching, and developing staff.
- Participating in and leading on the development of ALARP and dose assessment studies.
- Reviewing customer waste information and providing input into treatment and disposability studies.
- Undertaking technical assessments of low level radioactive waste.
Candidates will be a certified Radiation Protection Adviser, with five years professional radiation protection experience in a facility involved in the management of radioactive wastes.
Candidates will also hold a science based degree or equivalent qualification, alongside this you will have a sound knowledge of health physics instruments.
What's on offer
- Basic salary up to £50,000 (dependant on experience)
- The chance to work within a growing business.
- Benefits package including generous annual leave entitlement.
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Bisset on 02392 288 213, or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Waste Management Consultant - Nuclear
£30000 - £50000.00 per annum
Senior Waste Management Consultant - Nuclear
£45000 - £50000.00 per annum
£12 - £14 per hour
Project Controls Consultant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + DOE
Outage / Shutdown / Turnaround Planner
Romney Marsh, Kent
£32000 - £58000.00 per annum