|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor - Construction|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum + car allowance + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Arjun Patel|
|Job Published:||January 30, 2019|
Quantity Surveyor - Construction
£45,000 - £55,000 + Car Allowance + Benefits
Our client, who provide building consultancy, construction, installation and process engineering to a wide range of clients, are looking for a Quantity Surveyor who have strong construction and some M&E experience to join their team.
The company operates major contracts which can include principal contracting, large scale subcontracting and specialist services which are mainly based across the UK.
What you will be doing…
Liaising with the Project Manager, you will be responsible for…
- All financial and commercial aspects of each project you are assigned to
- Ensuring contractual compliance to administer the company's contractual procedures to both clients and suppliers
- Procure and manage subcontractor work, ensuring that complete financial control is always maintained. Agree valuations and process payments accurately to ensure there is no commercial risk to the company
- Visiting site on a regular basis to carry out a detailed valuation, attend client and site meeting.
- Providing client with all the required commercial documentation in compliance with the contract
- Working with bid teams to price bid works
- Maintaining accurate and well-kept records of all correspondence
What you will need…
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying with at least 5 years post qualification experience in a QS role
- Experience working with NEC3 and JCT contracts is a necessity
- Multiple projects responsibility at one time with each project being between £3m - £5m
- Excellent commercial acumen with the ability to take on complex contracts and working with site teams and clients to manage the commercial elements of the contract
- Strong computer literacy, especially Excel proficiency
- Willing to travel and work anywhere in the UK.
What's in it for you…
- A salary of up to £55,000
- Car allowance
- 25days + 8 bank holidays
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 282 and speak to Arjun Patel
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.