|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£35000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kim Davis|
|Job Published:||December 23, 2016 15:07|
£35,000 - £55,000 per annum
ASTUTE Technical are currently recruiting for a number of Quantity Surveyors to strengthen our clients' Commercial team.
Working out of our client's office in Peterborough. You will be accountable for the commercial and cost management of a project or programme of projects from inception through to close out.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all operations are carried out to control, costs, maximizing value, minimizing future liabilities and maintaining the required standard and safety whilst ensuring that the maximum efficiencies are obtained and full compliance.
Manage all aspects of commercial and cost management of a project or group of projects as designated by the Project Commercial Manager including but not limited to:
- Provide an estimating service
- Ensure subcontracts are properly prepared & reflect agreed scope.
- Work closely with the procurement team & PDM to develop & monitor procurement strategy.
- Responsible for developing procurement schedule and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services in line with solution cost estimate allowances & programme
- Work closely with the site Team, attending site where appropriate, to ensure change is captured.
- Ensure robust cost management is undertaken at all times
- Report writing
- Subcontractor management
- Preparation of bills of quantities
- Cost forecasting
The successful candidate will ideal have a Civil or Mechanical Engineering background and Ideally have worked within the water sector or similar industry, you will be educated to a minimum of a BTech or be able to demonstrate similar experienced and have knowledge of working to NEC3 Option C forms of Contract.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Kim on 02392 221 600
For further opportunities please visit our website
Please note we can only accept applicants with the ability to demonstrate their right to work in the UK. We do not at present offer sponsorship opportunities for overseas candidates.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's