|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£35 - £38 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Saleh Sattar|
|Job Published:||January 30, 2019|
10 months contract
Astute Techncial Recruitment are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to work on a gas focused National Grid project in Cambridge. The Quantity Surveyor will be based in this location and working closely with the Project Manager/Commercial Director for the duration of the project.
The ideal Quantity Surveyor will have a background working in mechanical engineering contracts and this should come from within a Oil/Gas/Power environment to allow the candidate to hit the ground running. Therefore having M+E experience across projects would be essential. The QS should also have good contract negotiation skills, communication skills and track record of completing projects on budget.
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Contract administration with focus on highlighting any special contractual requirments of the project
- Submitting contractual notices (early warnings, delays etc) where required
- Identifying where change (Variations, Ccmpensation events, claims etc) will occur whilst ensuring notifications are within the recommended time
- Budgeting and cost reporting through review of tender/preparation and review of costs/accruals and cost/sales forecasts
- Facilitating meetings where required to review project status with client, project team and subcontractors where required
- Preparing reports and information as requested by the Project Manager/Commercial Director
- Cover any other responsibilities that might be required around the commercial requirments of the project
To find out more about this opportunity call Saleh on 02392 288209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.