|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Location:||South Yorkshire, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum + package|
|Contact Name:||Kim Davis|
|Job Published:||August 03, 2016 15:54|
Up to £40k Per Annum
ASTUTE Technical are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of their client a leading utilities provider.
You will be based out of their head offices in Yorkshire with the occasional requirement to travel to site.
- The ideal candidate will be of strong character & able to work alongside challenging individuals.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to get the Commercial point across whilst maintaining Contractor and Customer relationships
Your responsibilities will include;
- Cost control
- Maximise value and minimise future liabilities
- Maintaining quality and safety
- Improving cost efficiency
- Manage, coach and mentor an Assistant QS
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial information
- Final accounts and integrated cost forecasting
- Monitoring of insurance claims
- Recording of production
- Cash forecasting
- The analysis of costs and resolution of disputes
- Pricing additional and variations in works and providing further commercial inputs
The ideal candidate:
- Educated to Degree level or Equivalent ((HND/HNC with substantial work experience)
- Working knowledge of JCT & NEC forms of contract
- Utilities/Engineering background (Gas/Electric/Water/Civils/M&E Engineering)
- Valid Driving License
- Member of RICS (Desirable)
Are you ready to climb the career ladder and undertake a new challenging role? Could you mentor and coach an Assistant QS? Do you have a Utilities/Civils background? Then this could be the role for you!
This is a great opportunity to join an industry leading company!
The package on offer includes an attractive Salary of up to £40,000 per annum (dependant on experience) plus great additional company benefits.
For more information or to apply for this position please send your cv to Kim Davis email@example.com or call 02392 221 600.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's