|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£28000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kim Davis|
|Job Published:||September 12, 2016 11:08|
£30K - £40K Per Annum
ASTUTE Technical Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on behalf of their client, a leading utilities company.
Based out of their offices in Kent you will be responsible for all aspects of QS'ing on various civils & water projects across the south.
You will ideally have a sound knowledge of NEC3 form of contract and have estimating and forecasting experience within an engineering environment.
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor your duties will include;
- Implementing, demonstrating and promoting a zero incidents safety culture
- Supporting the Project Manager to outperform against programme and budget
- Identifying and processing all contract administration requirements within the NEC3 contracts including PSC ECC and TSC forms
- Managing Early Warning, Compensation Event and Risk tolls as well as business systems
- Reporting monthly project performance against key KPIs
- Undertaking and managing procurement processes ensuring procedural compliance and demonstrating best practice and value for money
- Driving cost and programme efficiency by identifying performance trends and recommending mitigating actions
- Encouraging best value solutions for all commercial issues
- Reporting of completion, cost and value to date
- Undertaking claims avoidance strategy on all projects
The ideal candidate will;
- Hold a Degree (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying or Engineering
- Be familiar with all options of NEC3
- Be technically astute
- Commercially aware
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders and Line/Project Managers
To apply for this role please contact Kim on 02392 221 600 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's