|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kim Davis|
|Job Published:||March 28, 2016 12:27|
£35K - £45K
Cheshire/North West/Cumbrian Region
Our Client is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with Quantity Surveyors for their Advance Joint Venture.
As Quantity Surveyor you will ensure that all contractual and financial entitlements are fulfilled.
This role will be based either on site in the Cumbrian Region or Office based in Cheshire.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager your duties/responsibilities of the role will include;
- Assistance to Project Managers on commercial matters
- Assistance in preparation, submission and agreement of interim payment applications to maximise the company's cash flow
- Co-ordination to ensure contractual requirements are complied with
- General commercial management of sub-contractors
- Accurate and efficient measurement, identification and measurement of variations
- Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims
- Placing sub contact orders and agreement of subcontract final accounts
- Ensuring that income from interim applications is received on time
- Liaison and co-ordination to ensure financial report is timely and accurate
- Measure and control key finances
- Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
- Civil or Mechanical Engineering background
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of NEC3 Option C form of contract
- Studying towards membership of an appropriate recognised professional institution
- Educated to B tech - Higher lever (preferably degree level in Quantity Surveying)
- Strong commercial background
- Ability to solicit views across multiple parties, lead discussions and manage interdependencies.
- Ability to build and develop relationships with other employees including Project Managers
- A knowledge of water/wastewater industry
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to work with colleagues whose work will be impacted by your activities.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call me on 02392 22 1 600
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's