|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sara Nash|
|Job Published:||May 7, 2019|
Quality Engineer (Mechanical)
£35-45K Depending on Experience
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyse quality performance of suppliers using statistical and analytical methods.
- Creation of inspection plans to deliver product as per customer or design statement of requirement.
- Develop quality procedures and systems to ensure all product and system requirements are addressed from the initial product conception to the finished result.
- Develop and publish Manufacturing Inspection and Test Plans.
- Ensure process control documents adhere with set requirements.
- Assist disposition process through utilising 10 step problem solving methodology, driving to root cause analysis resulting in appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Coordinate with suppliers and customers relating to quality trends and feedback on corrective and preventative actions.
- Collaborate in generating production process documentation such as assembly inspection plans and sign off sheets.
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard inspection plans and work methods.
- Ensure product and process quality meets specifications required delivering right first time build and test
- Investigate "In Service Defect Report" using 10 step 8D problem solving methodology
- Support the tender process for equipment to ensure the best quality.
- Coordinate with the assembly functions to remove waste from processes
- Support and lead continuous improvement, problem solving and process improvement activities
- Carry out FMEAs, (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) process documentation and implement improvements
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support and training
- Undertake special projects as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
- Achieve goals within budget
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
- Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Lead and/or support technicians and trainee engineers
- Train people within own work group
- Supervise sub-contractors
- Liaise, communicate and collaborate with other departments, customers and suppliers.
- Be an effective team member, working with supervisor and colleagues to ensure smooth workflow with maximum output
Skills and Attributes:
- Independently determines approach for assigned tasks
- Understanding of Quality systems and manufacturing processes
- Understanding engineering, scientific and other technical information
- Strong understanding of measurement techniques (including CMM and hand equipment)
- Ability to read engineering drawings (GD&T)
- Strong problem-solving skills and logical approach
- Understanding of lean manufacturing
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritising activities
- Ability to present data effectively
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices
- Team working skills
- Analytical skills
- PC skills
- Ability to train the work group and lead teams within the work group
- Ability to manage group to achieve goals within budget
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant manufacturing / engineering degree preferred, A Levels, ONC, City & Guilds level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3, NVQ level 3 qualification
- Ability to design processes and layouts
- Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Kaizen (continuous improvement and problem solving) process improvement and Poka Yoke (error proofing) techniques
- Significant work experience in a valve assembly and test environment
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.