|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
|Salary:||£35.00 - £40.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Greg Storey|
|Job Published:||February 6, 2019|
£35-£40 per hour
Duration - 3 years
This is an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join an established firm at their Large Nuclear plant in the Reading area, joining a dynamic project team at its inception with genuine prospects for growth and development.
Planning and supervising the development, application and monitoring of quality procedures, to include document authorship and distribution, this role will have a key part to play in shaping and delivering the project's quality standards from the ground up, and auditing them accordingly. Security clearance is essential to work on this project.
- Support NPI and APQ
- Non conformance investigation and route cause analysis and report structure
- PFMEA and inspection plans, ITP to close out
- Internal, customer, and 3rd party audit coordination
- Final Inspection Plan development
- FAIR completion
- Specification change management and implementation
- PPAP and APQP knowledge
- Onsite client hosting and offsite client or supplier visits as required
- To coordinate the establishment, implementation and maintenance of the project Quality Plan and ensure that Client and Subcontractors are informed accordingly.
- Coordinate with the client on all quality related issues to ensure a consistent approach to client relationships and to investigate customer queries and complaints.
- Follow up of ITPs of subcontracts (Steam Boiler, Steam turbine Generator Set, Fluegas Treatment Equipment, Overhead Cranes, Coolers, Piping, Water Treatment plant, Air Compressor Plant etc..).
- Prepare and follow-up of Manufacturing Inspection Schedule together with QA Inspector.
- Coordination of expediting visits to subcontractors manufacturing facilities in close cooperation with package manager & QA Inspector.
A background in manufacturing quality engineering is required, ideally but not exclusively with exposure to the civil nuclear sector. Preferably an engineering degree in a relevant discipline, or technical HNC qualifications as a minimum.
If you are interested in this role, then please contact Greg Storey on email@example.com or on 02392 222 966.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.