QHSE Manager - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||QHSE Manager - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2016 16:47|
QHSE Manager - Energy from Waste (Gasification)
Up to £40,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Manager for their Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Reporting to the General Manager, the QHSE Manager duties will include:
- Leading the implementation of standardised Health & Safety Systems across the Plant
- Developing and managing the risk assessment/accident reporting system
- Liaising with external bodies such as the Environment Agency, Local Authorities and Regulators
- Advising on environmental issues
- Developing a strong H&S Culture
- Providing HSE training for Operations & Maintenance staff
- Emissions Monitoring including Noise Pollution and Odour Control
- Knowledge of management systems, management standards and registrations schemes (ISO 9001, 14001, 18001)
If you have initial interest in the role, please get in touch and we can talk you through the position in more detail.
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A proven track record in HSE gained in a heavy engineering environment such as Energy from Waste, CCGT, Coal or Biomass
- HND/HNC or above, in a relevant HSE field
- NEBOSH Qualification is essential as a minimum
- Knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments and H&S Legislation and best practice
- Working experience with Emissions Monitoring (CEMS)
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 221 600 and speak to Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Health & Safety Manager - Energy from Waste
£40000 - £42000.00 per annum
Mobile Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
Up to £20000.00 per annum
Condition Monitoring Engineer - Energy from Waste
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum + Car allowance + bonus
EC&I Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
£42000 - £45000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Engineering & Maintenance Manager - Power Station
£58000 - £62000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension