|Job Title:||QHSE Manager - Biomass Power Station|
|Salary:||Bonus & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2019|
QHSE Manager - Biomass Power Station
South East England
Competitive Salary & Bonus
We are looking for a QHSE Manager to join a modern Biomass Combined Heat & Power Plant.
The Plant is able to burn 172,000 tonnes of waste wood per year and produce 23MW of power through a highly efficient combustion process. The Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to oversee the sites compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Facility Manager, as QHSE Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage the environmental monitoring programme
- Ensure compliance with all permits, legislative & statutory requirements
- Develop and maintain a QHSE strategy monitor and report on activities, training and procedures on site, ensuring compliance across the group and sharing best practises with other sites.
- Communicate with third party stakeholders including the environment agency and local authorities
- Oversee all emergency plans, statutory inspections (PSSR, WSoE, LOLER, PUWER and COSHH etc) and ensure procedures are appropriately communicated and trained.
- Provide technical support on environmental legislation to the facility manager
- Liaise with the Operations Team to ensure the monitoring system is accurately recording data inline with allowed parameters.
- Take part in internal and external audits.
- Manage the QSHE budget and provide input to financial reporting.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree in relevant H&S field such as Environmental Science or Chemistry
- NEBOSH Diploma or similar qualification
- Experience in QHSE matters on a similar industry such as Biomass, Energy from Waste, Power Station, Refinery etc
- Working relationship with the Environmental Agency
- Exposure to QHSE Systems and standards such as ISO14956, EN14181, OMA Audits, Environmental Permits (stack emissions, discharges)
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Company benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.