|Job Title:||Purchasing Agent|
|Location:||Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire|
|Contact Name:||Samantha Lancashire|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2017 15:44|
6 - 9 Month Contract
£200 Limited Company Day Rate
Our Client develops, manufactures and builds green energy plants which produce electricity and heat from waste products such as household waste and biomass.
As Purchasing Agent, you will be responsible for contributing to site profitability and overall cost savings.
- Lead the procurement process focussing on cost control and participating in cost reduction strategies
- Reviewing purchase requisitions, requesting quotations, negotiating and purchasing direct and indirect materials
- Primary point of contact for suppliers
- Establish qualified suppliers and obtain competitive quotations
- Maintain internal interfaces with key stakeholders
- Provide ongoing purchasing contract administration including revision management, warranty claim resolution, discrepancies settlements as required
- Conduct surveys and market studies to determine price levels, trends, business activity and availability of commodities
- Relevant supply chain experience gained in a construction or engineering environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Competent use of SAP
- Good organisation skills
- Within commutable distance of Dumbarton
If you are interested in finding out more you can call Samantha on 02393 910026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's