PSSR Lead Engineer
|Job Title:||PSSR Lead Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2018 12:32|
Astute are currently recruiting for a Lead Pressure Systems Safety engineer to define and steer the strategy and actions required to enable compliance with PSSR guidelines on all relevant activity relating to EDF's flagship Hinkley Point C nuclear new build project.
The PSSR engineer will lead the analysis of all systems according to PSSR and define actions toward development of the Written Scheme of Examination (WSE) and the appointment of a Competent Person. He/she will define the adequate technical organisation related to the activities (roles, responsibilities, and documentation) in order to support the project's needs and to ensure support to the delivery. The role implies the organisation of working groups with the relevant stakeholders and also covers the communication plan needed to improve the visibility of the PSSR approach within the project and the supply chain.
- Prepare and present relevant proposals for the modification committee toward the development of the PSSR strategy
- Lead the development, the update, and the implementation of the PSSR strategy for NNB with the relevant stakeholders
- Write or support the production of technical specifications, guidance, or instructions within the area of responsibilities
- Coordinate and monitor the engineering activities related to PSSR topics within the project
- Engage with the Responsible Designer (RD) and the suppliers to support the delivery of their activities to meet NNB requirements
- Coordinate, review and approve specific PSSR documents
- Coordinate and facilitate interfaces between all the stakeholders, to improve common understanding of the PSSR regulation and to deal in a timely manner with any arising issues related to it.
- Support the implementation of PSSR regulation's requirements within Contract Documentation and support NNB's suppliers
- Maintain / develop knowledge and expertise in PSSR regulation, Pressure Equipment Directive standards and practices by maintaining contact with your Peer Group within EDF Group and maintain knowledge of national and international standards and codes
- Contribute to or produce weekly and monthly reports for assigned areas of responsibility in the NNB format used within the Manufacturing Installation and Testing (MIT) team
- Definition of the Resources need for the User (NNB)
- Development of the strategy for PSSR/Competent Person incorporation in relation with Pre-Service Inspection (PSI),
- Establishment of a strategy for the Written Scheme of Examination
- Analyse and categorise the EPR Systems according to the PSSR
- Establish which parts of the pressure system are pressure vessels, protective devices, or pipework as defined in the Regulations
It is expected that the successful candidate will bring their own experience to fully develop the PSSR strategy, working closely with, reporting to and acting under the responsibility of the Engineering Manager. He/she is expected to make decisions related to the scope of the responsibilities assigned by the Engineering Manager. There will be regular interaction required with the Responsible Designer organisation and the UK regulator. The post holder may also be required to support other parts of the project from time to time in relation to the surveillance of contracts covering equipment, systems and services.
You will be expected to be able to demonstrate:
- Working knowledge of the design/installation of complex systems
- Working knowledge of the development of a WSE and the Competent Person role
- Working knowledge of EC Pressure Equipment Directive (2014/68/EU), UK Pressure Equipment Regulations (PER) 2016, UK Pressure Systems Safety Regulations and the role of Notified Bodies / User Inspectorates
- Working knowledge of Pressurised Water Reactor principles and Systems would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of UK Office of Nuclear Regulation (ONR) expectations, Technical Assessment guides (TAGs) and the Safety Assessment principles also a plus
- Knowledge of the Design and Construction rules / codes for Pressurised Water Reactors e.g. RCC-M, ASME and of relevant standards in relation with engineering topics: material behaviour or mechanical testing, non-destructive testing, welding desired
- Ability to focus on the requirements of the project, to show a 'can-do' approach to work and to work independently or with others to achieve the team goals.
- Ability to interact with various stakeholders and to influence the internal team and contractors
- Excellent communication skills via appropriate media
- Able to produce clear and concise reports
- Awareness of your own technical limitations and be able to involve others when required
- Degree qualified in a related Engineering or Science based discipline
- Member of appropriate professional institution
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Parker on 02392 222 961 or send a copy of your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's