|Job Title:||Project Planning Lead|
|Salary:||£55000.00 - £62000.00 per annum + £5k car|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2019|
Lead Project Planner - Nuclear
£55-62k +£5k car
Astute are looking to recruit an experienced and highly capable lead planner with solid P6 Primavera planning experience gained in an engineering or technical infrastructure capacity for a sector significant nuclear new build project based in Bristol.
Prior experience of nuclear EPC project scheduling as a practitioner and as a leader is essential, with the ability to establish, manage and operate a complex project planning system according to contract requirements. Duties would include to following responsibilities:
- Establish, manage and operate the Project planning system for the Contract according to FIDIC DMIC requirements, covering all phases of the Project, establishing and maintaining associated planning procedures.
- Define and implement General Time Schedule baselines (including appropriate WBS) and associated Schedule assumptions documents under configuration control.
- Coordinate/drive EV reporting based on progressed LOD and schedule, in liaison with Technical and Finance teams. Propose mitigating strategies when schedule variance is identified.
- Establish system and maintain necessary contemporary records to support variation and claims submittals. Perform planning analysis/ substantiation in support of Contractor variations and of claims including EOT, disruption loss & expense in addition to defence against Employer and sub-contractor claims. Take proactive actions necessary to demonstrate entitlement and protect business from commercial harm.
- Establish planning awareness culture within Project team such that Schedule informs and is at the centre of all decision making processes.
- Provide proactive follow-up of Work Packages planning / progress. Engage with Subcontractor planners in support of WP Leads to obtain adequate schedule and progress information.
- Establish zoom planning to allow understanding and follow-up of complex and critical sequences.
- Contribute to the capturing of project risks and proposing mitigating actions.
- Fulfil specified and implied occupational Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company's Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety Management Plans.
As a highly experienced project planner with advanced P6 knowledge and demonstrable experience of applying this on nuclear projects, you will fulfil many or all of the following criteria:
- Experience of EPC project programme (schedule) development and administration, preferably in the energy sector
- Advanced knowledge of project scheduling methods (baseline, critical path, progress, EV management).
- Experience in substantiation of contract Variation, Contractor claims and Extensions of Time, to include preparation of justifications for impacts of delay events.
- Experience of contract management within FIDIC and NEC3 contract frameworks.
- Experience of Risk & Opportunities processes.
- Experience of interfacing with Contract Management and Financial Controls teams.
- Experience of interfacing with Mechanical / Electrical engineering teams.
- Experience in 4D/ BIM.
- Knowledge of all aspects of development; design, procurement, construction (structure, architecture, services), commissioning.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand spoken French to a technical standard would be a significant asset
- Knowledge of CDM
- Nuclear Safety Culture
What's on offer
This requirement is an opportunity to play a key role in an industry significant element of the first nuclear new build project for a generation in the UK. As would be expected for this prestigious role, an excellent base salary is complemented by a full benefits package to include PMI, PHI, car allowance and discretionary bonus.
How to apply
If you'd like to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail, or can think of somebody that might be interested, then give me a call on 02392 222 961. CVs can be sent to email@example.com, but please do follow up with a supporting call to find out more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.