|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2019|
I'm looking to speak with an experienced Project Manager that's keen to develop their career by joining an established, successful, and forward-thinking engineering firm delivering the design, manufacture, assembly, testing and installation of high integrity electronic and mechanical solutions to a range of demanding highly regulated industries.
The role will require you to deliver disciplined, consistent and repeatable execution of a variety of multi-disciplined engineering projects within the maritime / military environment. With direct technical support from a skilled project engineering function, this position will be customer facing and require a strong leader capable of developing and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum across a diverse team operating under challenging conditions.
Duties will include:
- Planning, maintaining and delivering effective projects, proactively monitoring and actively influencing progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Ensuring effective time, cost and quality controls throughout the project lifespan, focussing inwardly on the consistency of the project and alignment with company strategy, and outwardly on its coherence with customer expectation and specified standards.
- Facilitating and managing the output of individuals assigned to Integrated Project Teams.
- Ensuring the maintenance of sufficient resources and skills for required project activities.
- Managing communications with all internal and relevant external stakeholders.
- Managing risks and issues which may affect the successful outcomes of projects.
- Initiating training, skills development and recruitment requests wherever resource gaps in the project are forecasted or identified.
- Reporting the progress of projects at determined intervals to the Programme Manager.
- Proactive identification and exploitation of all new business development opportunities.
With experience delivering technical projects in the defence sector you will demonstrate sound knowledge of programme and project planning and management methodology and stakeholder engagement skills, ideally to include APM accreditation. You will also have proven budget management and control ability, preferably with working knowledge of the SAGE system.
Having a solid understanding of maritime engineering standards and requirements will be a distinct advantage.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN UK SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE - APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FULFILL THIS CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
What's on offer
The opportunity to be part of an inclusive team with a shared purpose - you will be joining this business at an exciting period of growth and be involved with varied and exciting projects of national significance.
A solid starting salary and excellent working hours, alongside excellent development prospects will reward someone that is keen to build their career in this role.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.