Project Management Consultant
|Job Title:||Project Management Consultant|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||December 24, 2018 10:56|
Project & Programme Manager/Consultant
£40-60k negotiabloe DOE
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a growing P3M consulting team, as part of an independent management consultancy who support clients with strategic and operational challenges.
The role is primarily client facing, but also includes the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the business through business and client relationship development, product/service innovation and operations management.
- Delivery of project/programme management expertise to clients through both embedded delivery (managing projects and programmes on behalf of our clients) and consultancy (helping our clients improve their project/programme management practices).
- Solving complex challenges to enable our clients to become more competitive, effective and efficient, and ultimately realise greater return on investment from their operations and initiatives.
- Support to the development of the project, programme, portfolio management (P3M) consulting service within the business through the identification and development of new capabilities, service offerings, markets, or clients.
- Support to winning of work for the P3M consulting service within the business through sales, marketing, bidding, business development activities.
- Developing customer relationships with ownership of key accounts as appropriate.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience of managing and delivering a variety of complex projects or programmes to time, cost and quality, within engineering or technical fields.
- Experience of working within project/programme oriented organisations.
- Understanding and appreciation of working in collaboration with PMOs
- An appreciation of projects, programmes and portfolios, their differences and how they relate to one another.
- Practical knowledge and appreciation of project management tools and frameworks.
- Experience of working within one or more of the following project environments: capital (procurement), construction, engineering, operations or business change/transformation.
- Experience of working within nuclear (required), energy, government/public sector, infrastructure or defence industries (preferred)
Required Education & Training
- Degree educated in a science or engineering related subject.
- Further qualifications in project/programme/portfolio management related subject, which could include professional project management qualification such as APM PMQ/APMP or PMI PMP.
- Training or qualifications in specialist disciplines would be beneficial but not essential, such as programme management (e.g. MSP), risk management etc.
Other Attributes / Personality Traits
- Innovative and resilient approach to adding value to our clients.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor junior staff.
- Positive, enthusiastic, forward looking and ability/willingness to learn and grow.
- Flexible approach to working locations and tasks to meet customer needs (although will be primarily North West based).
- Strong ability to lead /manage project teams or equally as happy to work as an individual consultant.
What's on offer
This requirement is aimed at attracting the right person to a dynamic, growing, and respected consultancy with an enviable track record in delivering success.
A generous salary is on offer for the role, alongside an excellent benefits package, coupled with a commitment to invest in professional development and an exciting career path. You will quickly become involved with a variety of projects offering the opportunity to travel, both in the UK and overseas.
How to apply
If you'd like to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail, or can think of somebody that might be interested, then give me a call on 02392 222 961 , or 07766 452 373 if out of hours.
CVs can be sent to email@example.com, but please do follow up with a supporting call to find out more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35 - £38 per hour
£30000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
P6 Project Planner
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Reactor Chemistry Consultant
£30000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
£300.00 - £325 per day