|Job Title:||Project Engineer|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||August 07, 2019 15:41|
Junior Project Engineer
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE WORK INVOLVED IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY YOU WILL NEED TO EITHER ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN UK SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE. ANY APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT MEET THIS CRITERIA WILL BE DISREGARDED.
I have several exciting opportunities for project engineers in the early stages of their career to join an exciting engineering business involved in delivering diverse cutting-edge products across a range of highly regulated sectors to include defence, space, marine, and subsea programmes.
As a central focus for engineering activities across one or more projects, you will work with the engineering manager to provide assurance that the technical aspects of the project are delivered in line with the customer requirements, with responsibility for the following duties:
- Provide information to the project manager, enabling accurate project planning, including providing detail of work packages, break down of tasks and estimates of the scale of the work required to complete the project
- Lead the design and development activities relating to the project. Providing technical guidance to the engineering resources assigned, including managing the flow of information from technical specialists undertaking work related to the project
- Create and maintain specifications, project BOMs and other documentation required to deliver the technical content of the project.
- Report on the technical content of the project to the Project Engineering Manager. This includes holding regular reviews to ensure the right approach is being followed, and that any requirements for additional expertise are addressed.
- Identify technical risks to the Project Manager and work on the appropriate strategies for risk management.
- Provide technical support for the Project Manager in customer communications.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that activities undertaken align with the customer requirements and project deliverables.
- From time to time create project plans for agreed scopes of work
- Track activities to project plans and budgets, regularly reporting to the Project Manager on progress
- Raise purchase requisitions for purchasing to raise the purchase orders
- Provide technical support for procurement, production and quality throughout the project lifecycle to ensure timely response to action items
- Conduct engineering design as required for projects which could include calculations, schematic and concept designs.
- Support the Project Manager, Project Engineering Manager or Programme Manager for New Business creating proposals
- Undertake testing and commissioning of equipment
- Ensure company processes and procedures relating to the project activities are followed, including ensuring design reviews are held, FMEAs are conducted and appropriate test plans are in place.
We would consider applicants that are either recent engineering graduates or have equivalent and transferable direct engineering experience; several years' relevant project engineering experience would be desirable to justify a higher starting salary.
It would be an advantage in your application to display knowledge of:
- Working in an engineering project environment
- Practical competence with mechanical assembly
- Engineering drawing practices
- Defence sector experience
- ERP/MRP systems
- Quality system experience, eg ISO:9000
- Lean Manufacturing
What's on offer
In addition to a competitive base salary you will enjoy fantastic and flexible working hours, leave and benefits that deliver an unrivalled work life balance as justifiable compensation for the challenging nature of projects and high level of excellence expected of the successful candidate.
How to apply
If you'd like to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail, or can think of somebody that might be interested, then give me a call on 02392 222 961. CVs can be sent to email@example.com, but please do follow up with a supporting call to find out more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's