|Job Title:||Project Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Molly McDermott|
|Job Published:||May 8, 2019|
£35,000 - £40,000
I'm looking to speak with an experienced Project Manager that's keen to develop their career by joining an established, innovative technology and engineering company that aims to deliver solutions that make a difference.
This role will require you to provide technical engineering support to the Project Manager. Reporting directly to the project manager you will be expected to undertake specific engineering tasks. The primary output within this role will be in support of the T45 and T26 Polemast contracts.
- Supporting the project manager with engineering advice and technical support
- Overseeing the activity of other employees and/or sub-contractors
- Evaluating and delivering appropriate engineering solutions to contract project activity
- Helping with the estimation of hours required to undertake engineering activity
- Assisting with providing a safe work condition and implementing procedures for all project related activities. Reporting to the project manager any risks or issues.
With an electrical & mechanical engineering background, you will be a proactive, confident leader who is competent with planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
With a strong understanding of Military and Maritime standards the right applicant will have the ability to command respect from the other members of the project team whilst creating a sense of community.
You will ideally hold:
- A proven history of Electrical & Mechanical engineering roles
- Effective leadership, communication and management skills, ideally to a recognised accreditation level
- Knowledge and experience with planning and controlling projects and the written and verbal skills to interpret and revise the full project documentation
- An awareness of the Health & Safety Act 1974
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN UK SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE - APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FULFILL THIS CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
What's on offer
The opportunity to be part of an exciting engineering company who's training programmes and business growth gives access to major career development opportunities.
A competitive stating salary and excellent working hours, including 1pm finish on a Friday. Alongside a generous pension scheme will be on offer to someone who is keen to develop their career in this role.
How to apply
Please call Molly McDermott directly on 02393 910 034 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.