Project Controls Consultant
|Job Title:||Project Controls Consultant|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + DOE|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||December 24, 2018 10:58|
Senior PMO and Project Controls Consultant - Civil Nuclear
Daresbury - £40-60k
This role is an opportunity for an exceptional senior project controls professional to join an industry respected and fast-growing nuclear consultancy business. Being an experienced consultant with a specialisation in either cost engineering or risk management for technical project and programme delivery in the UK civil nuclear sector you will be an effective and inspiring leader, capable of getting the best from multi-disciplined teams to deliver on time and to cost.
As a true consultant, you will be commercially as well as technically adept in your field, able to identify and develop opportunities for additional work steams to grow the business and deliver value to clients. Your role would include the following responsibilities:
- Delivery of project/programme controls and PMO expertise to clients through both embedded delivery (undertaking project controls/PMO roles on behalf of our clients) and consultancy (helping our clients improve their PMO and project controls practices).
- Solving complex challenges to enable our clients to become more competitive, effective and efficient, and ultimately realise greater return on investment from their operations and initiatives.
- Support to the development of the project, programme, portfolio management (P3M) consulting service within the business through the identification and development of new capabilities, service offerings, markets, or clients.
- Support to winning of work for the P3M consulting service within the business through sales, marketing, bidding, business development activities.
- Developing customer relationships with ownership of key accounts as appropriate.
You will hold a degree in a relevant engineering or scientific field, and either currently enjoy or be working towards professional accreditation with a relevant body, eg. APM PMQ, MoR, ACostE etc. You will demonstrate capability across the majority of the following competencies:
- Credible experience of delivering one or more project controls disciplines (e.g. Cost Manager, Risk Manager) and a good understanding of other project controls disciplines (e.g. scheduling, benefits management, requirements management, reporting, information management etc.)
- Experience of leading or working within PMOs in a position of responsibility
- Experience in designing or improving PMOs and/or project controls processes
- Extensive experience of working within project/programme oriented organisations
- An appreciation of projects, programmes and portfolios, their differences and how they relate to one another.
- Practical knowledge and appreciation of project management tools and frameworks.
- Experience of working within one or more of the following project environments: procurement, construction, engineering, operations or business change/transformation.
- Experience of working within nuclear (required), energy, government/public sector, infrastructure or defence industries (preferred)
What's on offer
This challenging and attractive opportunity is rewarded as follows:
- Highly competitive salary and fantastic benefits package.
- Become part of a team that genuinely values its consultants and is keen to invest in their personal and professional development.
- Work on a variety of cutting edge projects in a challenging atmosphere that will ensure a dynamic and fulfilling career path.
How to apply
Either hit the button below or by preference contact Dan Parker on 02392 222 961 if you'd like to learn more about the opportunity. Alternatively send a copy of your CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Radioactive Waste Consultant
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
Project Manager - Nuclear (DV Cleared)
Up to £0.00 per annum
C&I Maintenance Technician
Up to £20.00 per hour
Maintenance Production Technician – Electrical
Up to £13.39 per annum