Project Control Engineer - Nuclear
|Job Title:||Project Control Engineer - Nuclear|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||January 31, 2018 17:45|
Project Control Engineer - Nuclear
Edinburgh - salary dependent on experience
Astute are looking to recruit an experienced person with an extensive project controls background gained in either the civil or defence nuclear sector for a consultancy position based out of Edinburgh with real scope for personal development.
Prior experience of defence nuclear process and procedure relating to planning, scheduling, cost control and risk management is key, with an expectation of 5-10 years demonstrable success in this role. A good first hand understanding of the MoD approvals chain reference the above would be a great asset but is not exclusive. You will need to be a confident communicator and relish working in a client facing environment.
This role will best suit someone that wants to join an employer with a genuine interest in mentoring and supporting them throughout their professional growth, with fantastic prospects for the future and an exciting portfolio of industry leading clients to work with.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Working with the client, the project manager and the engineering team, you will help to determine project objectives and contribute to the development of a comprehensive project plan
- You will contribute towards the successful budgeting and cost management of the project, alongside a dedicated cost engineer.
- You will establish a schedule for the project and monitor its progress alongside a dedicated planner, routinely overseeing the analysis, evaluation and forecasting of the current project status against the baseline schedule, assessing the impacts of design or construction changes on the schedule, and reporting accordingly.
- You will assist with the coordination of all work on the project, ensuring that objectives are met within budget. You will verify progress and identify any potential critical issues, working with the relevant party to recommend recovery plans, and update the schedule and budget accordingly.
- You will have demonstrable experience to be considered nuclear SQEP on all of the above duties.
- You will ideally currently hold SC level security clearance or above.
What's on offer
This requirement is aimed at attracting the right person to a dynamic, growing, and respected consultancy with an enviable track record in delivering success. A generous salary is on offer for the role, alongside an excellent benefits package, coupled with a commitment to invest in professional development and an exciting career path. You will quickly become involved with a variety of projects offering the opportunity to travel, both in the UK and overseas.
How to apply
If you'd like to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail, or can think of somebody that might be interested, then give me a call on 02392 222 961, or 07766 452 373 if out of hours. CVs can be sent to email@example.com, but please do follow up with a supporting call to find out more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
HSE Advisor - Nuclear
£22500.00 - £32000.00 per annum
Business Development Manager - Nuclear
Senior Waste Management Consultant - Nuclear
£45000 - £50000.00 per annum
Up to £45000.00 per annum