|Job Title:||Production Technician|
|Salary:||Up to £14.95 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Clarke|
|Job Published:||June 6, 2019|
Production Technician (Operations) - Nuclear Power Plant
£14.95 per hour PAYE
12-month contract (4-day week)
Start date: ASAP
Hinkley Point A - Somerset
Our client, a leading company working within the Nuclear Energy sector, currently require a Production Technician to join the operations team at a busy nuclear power plant in Somerset. The ideal candidate will have experience working in an industrial environment and an understanding of RSA and IRR requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
- Carries out core operational duties within his/her own level of demonstrated competence.
- Carries out all Ionising Radiation Regulations (IRR) and Radioactive Substances Act (RSA) surveys to approved and established procedures. (Post-defueling sites must be Health Physics (HP) Monitor Level 5).
- Being a Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person (SQEP) on various plant items as required by the Site Licence.
- Carries out operational tasks within scope and competence and to assist with fault investigations.
- Provides technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
- You will be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
- The post holder may be required to be a classified worker as specified in the IRRs.
- As a customer-focused individual, you will be expected to support delivery within your range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality on Site.
- Assist in the training and development of team members.
- Uphold Company values at all times by putting safety and environmental protection first; building trust by acting with integrity and respect for others; and ensuring that we promote and support innovation and efficiency to achieve successful delivery of the mission.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Completion of a relevant technical qualification e.g. City and Guilds, BTEC ONC, (NQF Level 3) or relevant experience.
- Level 3 Health Physics Monitor.
- Experience working within the nuclear industry and an understanding of RSA and IRR requirements are advantageous, but not essential.
What's on offer
- £14.95 per hour PAYE
- 12-month contract (4-day week)
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.