Production Manager - Recycling Facility - Ford
|Job Title:||Production Manager - Recycling Facility - Ford|
|Location:||Arundel, West Sussex|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £37000.00 per annum + benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||January 19, 2018 10:50|
Production Manager - Process Plant - Up to £37k
Location - West Sussex
Salary - £35,000 - £37,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Production Manager to join our clients' Operations team based at Ford in West Sussex. If you are a Production or Manufacturing professional with a firm grasp of continuous improvement and Six sigma we would love to talk with you!
Due to our client's continuing business success we are working with them to help them secure a Manager to inturn drive performance and maximise revenue on their Recycling Plant.
The purpose of the role
To plan, organise and manage the operations on site with a strong focus on continuous improvement and lean manufacturing. Working closely with the Senior Management team you will be ensure the plant is working to its full capacity and that the Engineering and Maintenance issues are dealt with in a timely and cost effective. Working with the Operational team, the Engineering section and with third party contractors providing a safe and efficient service ensuring that Health & Safety is complied with at all times and that all procedures and safe systems of work are adhered to at all times.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Safely and effectively manage all day to day operations of the MRF.
- Maintain accurate production metrics in electronic format and upload to BI web portal monthly as defined by the Operations Manager.
- Drive continuous improvement activities across the site.
- Manage and prioritise all engineering operations on site. Ensure all PPM inspections are carried out in timely manner. Identify and organise the resources required to complete repairs on time and within budget.
- Manage and control all contractors when carrying out work in the MRF
- Manage agency staff ensuring all Viridor staff are utilised fully before using agency labour.
- Chair Daily Production Cell meetings ensuring actions are identified to drive continuous improvements.
- To carry out annual and timely Performance Annual Reviews (PAR's) of all direct reports. To carry out Training Reviews for all MRF Operatives.
- To be aware of budget and stock control and maintain shift paperwork to the required standards
- To communicate effectively and in a timely manner
- To ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
Qualifications, role specific knowledge & skills
To be successful in this role, you will need a formal engineering qualification alongside formal experience of working within an Engineering environment in a multi-skilled role. You will need to be able to display the following:
- Principles of people management and motivation.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement methodology e.g. Lean RCM and Six Sigma.
- NEBOSH or IOSHH qualification
- Ability to manage mixed ability teams, assign tasks and report any deviations.
- CMS or WAMITAB qualification
There is a salary of up to £37,000 plus a full benefits package for the role in question. This represents an excellent opportunity to work for one of the UK's leading Recycling specialists on their busy Material Recovery Facility.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to email@example.com or phone 023 92 288214 and speak to Chris Jones direct.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Engineering Manager - Recycling - Nottinghamshire - £50K+
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Car plus extras
North London, London
£30000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
Site Supervisor - Didcot - Waste Transfer Station - Up to £30k
£30000 - £260000 per annum + overtime
North London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum + bonus
East London, London
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Car