|Job Title:||Production Manager|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||September 25, 2018 15:59|
Production Manager - Recycling
Workington - Cumbria
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Production Manager to fulfil a key site-based role for a specialist nuclear decommissioning and radioactive waste management business based in Cumbria.
With responsibility for the smooth running of all production lines you will focus on maximising the efficiency and cost effectiveness of ongoing operations at this high-volume niche sector metal recycling facility, while maintaining the highest safety and quality standards. You will be expected to demonstrate competence in the following duties:
- Oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule & implement and control the production schedule.
- Ensure that the production is cost effective.
- Manage material resources to meet production targets.
- Work out and implement standard operating procedures for production operations.
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Monitor product standards and implement quality control programmes.
- Liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers.
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Supervise and motivate a team of production workers.
- Review performance.
- Identify training needs.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Analyse production and quality control to detect and correct problems.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement.
- Estimate production costs.
- To develop as a Lean champion providing the knowledge, vision and dedicated focus required to maintain a continuous improvement environment.
As a strong leader and confident decision maker, you will be able to both technically and holistically manage a complex operational site. You will understand how to maximise available assets, both plant and staff, to ensure your people have the equipment, encouragement and training they need to deliver a first class manufacturing process in a safe and efficient manner.
Your background will most likely include:
- Continuous Improvement and Lean initiatives in a manufacturing / production environment
- Leadership role in a medium to high volume production operation
- Key production metric reporting to senior management
- Understanding of quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Proven staff and process performance evaluation and improvement
- Budgeting and costing responsibility for a manufacturing process
An understanding of or previous role within the nuclear sector, relating to decommissioning or waste management functions would be advantageous but not required.
What's on offer
A generous basic salary alongside a comprehensive package is just the start. You will be given full training in industry specific procedures and quality standards that will allow your natural desire for continuous improvement to play a key role in the ongoing success of a sector significant facility.
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Parker on 02392 222 961 , or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Senior Engineering Manager - Construction
North West England, England
Sales Manager - Healthcare - South
Bonus, Pension, Holiday
Nuclear Safety Case Consultant
£40000.00 - £65000.00 per annum