|Job Title:||Product Development Engineer - Steam Turbines|
|Salary:||£37000 - £41000 per annum + Pension + Life Insurance|
|Contact Name:||Zubair Ahmed|
|Job Published:||November 27, 2018|
Product Development Engineer - Steam Turbine
Up to £41,000 DOE
Our client is a global company who manufacture and service steam turbines and associated plant equipment and require an experienced Product Development Engineer to join their expanding team.
This is a new role created to help the company develop moving forward and as the Product Development Engineer you will be required to work with other areas of the business to provide cost driven solutions for all products and services offered by the client.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Product Development Manager, as the Product Development Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- All product development activities
- Liaising with design engineers and draftsmen to design new product solutions
- Evaluating current costs and implementing strategies to reduce these
- Developing new costing strategies
- Developing strategies to reduce lead times so the company stays competitive in the market
- Acting as the product champion
- Attending industry exhibitions as and when required
- Travel internationally, to meet with suppliers, as and when required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree qualified in a relaxant discipline (mechanical preferred)
- Experience in the design of rotating equipment
- Experience with 3D CAD Modelling
- Sales or Business Development experience is desirable
- Happy to travel internationally when required
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary up to £41,000 DOE
- Travel Allowance
- Life Insurance
- Opportunities for global travel with the company
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 222 963 and ask to speak to Zubair Ahmed who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.