|Job Title:||Procurement Officer|
|Location:||Rotherham, South Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Samantha Lancashire|
|Job Published:||March 13, 2018 12:04|
Our Client develops, manufactures and builds green energy plants which produce electricity and heat from waste products such as household waste and biomass.
As Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for contributing to site profitability and overall cost savings. You will work as part of a specialist procurement team.
- Lead the procurement process focussing on cost control and participating in cost reduction strategies
- Reviewing purchase requisitions, requesting quotations, negotiating and purchasing direct and indirect materials
- Primary point of contact for suppliers
- Establish qualified suppliers and obtain competitive quotations
- Maintain internal interfaces with key stakeholders
- Provide ongoing purchasing contract administration including revision management, warranty claim resolution, discrepancies settlements as required
- Conduct surveys and market studies to determine price levels, trends, business activity and availability of commodities
The successful Procurement Officer will be skilled in compiling robust tender and commercial documents alongside having the ability to demonstrate developed analytical and commercial skills.
- Relevant supply chain or procurement experience gained in a construction or engineering environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with staff at all levels
- IT Literate with excellent knowledge and understanding of MS Office Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database management skills including the use of SAP
- You will be able to plan and organise your own workload with minimum supervision and to strict deadlines
- Ability to analyse information from a variety of sources, solve complex problems and think creatively and strategically
This role is being advertised with two locations as the Client has sites local to these areas. The successful candidate will live within a commutable distance of either Dumbarton or Rotherham.
If you are interested in finding out more you can call Samantha on 02393 910026 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's