|Job Title:||Process Operator|
|Salary:||Up to £27000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Bisset|
|Job Published:||December 13, 2018 16:30|
Process Operator - Southampton
£27,000 + Shift Pay
Oxbow Sulphur & Fertiliser own and operate a state-of-the-art facility based in Southampton Docks. The plant takes liquid sulphur through a series of processes to produce solid sulphur pastilles for use in industry.
The site consists of process equipment such as Gas boiler recirculating steam generation units, process water systems, compressed air, silo storage and fume extraction / scrubbing systems.
They are currently looking to recruit a Process Operator to join the facility.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and Process Team Leader you will be working as part of the small operations and maintenance team to ensure the plant can work efficiently as per design.
Duties will include
- Operating the plant via the control rooms DCS system.
- Conducting sampling, observing gauges, dials and other indicators to ensure machines and processes are working correctly.
- Performing all "in house" maintenance and service work.
- Managing subcontracted maintenance activities.
- Keeping the site and equipment free from the build-up of sulphur dust and contamination.
- Enter & file all data monitoring & logging routines as per the prescribed time scales & frequencies, identifying any process deviations, performing and recording any root cause corrective actions.
- Conducting area inspections and audits.
- Maintaining all safety records.
- Working a shift pattern 6 - 2 / 2 - 10 when required.
As this is going to be a small team environment, we are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a positive attitude. Successful candidates will have a strong background in maintenance alongside the desire to learn how to operate the plant via the DCS system.
This would suit anyone from a heavy engineering environment (Refineries, Power Stations, Process Facilities or the Royal Navy / Army / RAF)
To apply, please forward your CV stating details of your current remuneration and availability to Oxbow's retained consultant, Dan Bisset - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 213 for a confidential discussion.
Any speculative calls / introductions will be forwarded to ASTUTE.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£0.00 - £850 per hour
Field Service & Support Engineer
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus, Pension, Holiday,
Control Systems Engineer
Neath Port Talbot, Wales
Up to £40000.00 per annum
Support Engineer - Gas Distribution (Flow)
East Midlands, England
£38000 - £42000 per annum + Car + benefits
EC&I Technician - Power Station