|Job Title:||Postgres DBA|
|Salary:||£450 - £540 per day|
|Contact Name:||Paul Martin|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2018 15:52|
This team ensures that the database services run as reliably and efficiently as possible. We continually drive improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards rock-solid infrastructure as code. You'll work with experts across a range of technologies to create, support and maintain the services that delight our internal, automated warehousing and e-commerce customers.
As a Postgres DBA you will be responsible for proactively developing our Postgres environments, resolving operational problems rapidly and providing feedback and support to ensure Service Level Objectives are adhered to. Your exceptional enterprise-grade database management and automation skills will be challenged and appreciated.
What we'd like you to do…
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of Postgres services-from inception and design, through deployment, and operational needs fulfilling customer support requests.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring metrics including availability, latency, query throughput and overall system health against SLOs.
- Scale Linux-based Postgres systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and API self-service, patching, performance tuning, and evolve services by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Provide guidance to developer teams relating to designing and building database solutions for applications
- Create and maintain quality documentation and records.
- Participate in the 24/7 on-call support rota.
- A methodical and logical approach to problem-solving with a sense of ownership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively within the team and with stakeholders.
- Self-starter, collaborative, comfortable adapting to change and learning quickly in a fast-paced team.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g. physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
- In-depth engineering experience of Postgres including installation, configuration, backups, HA, and replication.
- Strong automation skills with Unix Scripting and preferably Python.
- Experience with any of Oracle DB, DBaaS, OpenStack, Ceph, Puppet, Ansible
- Exposure to Agile, DevOps, ITIL or SRE patterns.
- Familiarity with Containers, Docker, Kubernetes
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.