|Job Title:||Platform Manager- Software|
|Location:||Bristol, S. W. England, England|
|Salary:||Up to £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sara Nash|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2019|
My Clients mission in Plasma Technology is to lead the market in application solutions (processes, products and service) for:
1. research into semiconductor device and performance materials and
2. production solutions for compound semiconductor and other devices.
You will be a critical member of the Plasma Technology Engineering Management team.
Your key objective is to drive the development and roadmap of our software platforms to meet market and business needs. You will determine the balance between internal and external software support and facilitate its management. You will be responsible for overseeing the introduction of market leading software revision control, release and subscription management.
- Implement and sustain an industry standard development operations revision, release and subscription management control process for all software platforms
- Implement a robust mechanism for controlling bespoke customer software solutions that is compatible with future upgrades to our latest software suite in the field
- Create, maintain, own and drive the software platform roadmap and keep the business informed of its content. Evaluate and prioritise all proposed initiatives and developments for the platform, either as lifecycle or NPI activities. Drive the separation and transition between bespoke customer solutions and integration with the platform roadmap and standard product.
- Determine how we EOL our software products, and how we support legacy software in the field
- Determine our outsourcing strategy for software, including the skill development and succession plan for any software kept in house. Facilitate software outsourcing as required, including the selection of and ongoing strategic arrangement with any external partners
- Ensure the value of our software is publicised in quotation and sales documentation that is sent to customers
- Drive our software after sales revenue by ensuring we develop features that customers value in a manner that is marketable and easily implemented on tools in the field
- Participate in code review for software developments
- Maintain a professional awareness of industry standards, technical developments, competitor activity and other market trends in your field. Coordinate and collaborate with the other areas of the business
- Liaise with other parts of the business in order to deliver those developments within the product release schedule
- Be the point of contact for the business on issues relating to the software platform.
- Oversee and manage the creation and maintenance of all software platform documentation.
- Coordinate the efforts of the platform team, working collaboratively with all departments to ensure a holistic platform approach across the business. Present progress of behalf of the team.
- Ensure understanding and adherence to the platform roadmap by bid/commercial and sales teams.
- Ownership of cost and margin for sales of your platform.
- Drive knowledge of your platform within the organisation; particularly within the platform team.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture within OIPT, bringing together cross functional teams, process improvement techniques and training as required.
- Represent the interests of all departments on issues relating to your platform.
- Carry out other tasks that might reasonably be requested by the company.
Education / Qualifications:
Professional Skills/ Abilities:
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email snash@astutetechnical
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.