|Job Title:||Plant Operator - Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Wolverhampton, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Jane Walsh|
|Job Published:||February 13, 2019|
Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary, Shift Work & Benefits
Our client own and operate a 8MW Energy from Waste Plant North West of Birmingham near the M54. We are looking for a Plant Operator to join the Operations Team, responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant, you'll be involved with monitoring the process via the DCS/SCADA control system, conducting plant inspections, first line maintenance and also regulating the supply of fuel via the overhead crane system.
This is an ideal role, working shifts (2 Days, 2 Nights 4 off), for someone keen to make a start in the growing Energy from Waste sector.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader, you will be responsible for the following (not all duties listed):
- Overseeing the safe and efficient operation of the Energy from Waste plant, monitoring the turbine, boiler and associated plant.
- Assisting with compliance with all aspects of the site Environmental Permits
- Carrying out routine plant inspections and adjusting as required and logging on a data system
- Monitoring of stocks and take receipt of consumables/collection of residues
- Assisting other Company staff and contractors as and when required
- To be aware of and work within the Company Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Systems
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for a candidate with the following knowledge / qualifications:
- An experienced Engineer / Technician ideally having completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship / Training.
- C&G/BTEC/HND/HNC/ONC or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
- Recognisable first aid/Health & Safety qualification (IOSH or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Environmental Compliance and Regulatory requirements
- Experience of work with a Permit to Work System
- Working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work
- Experience working on mobile and fixed plant
- Steam raising experience would be advantageous
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Shift Work
- Company benefits
If you are interested in this role, please contact Jane Walsh Astute Technical Recruitment on 02393 910 039 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.