|Job Title:||Plant Operations Technician - CHP|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2019|
Plant Operations Technician - CHP
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Astute are working with one of the UK's longest established District Heating companies, based in Nottingham supplying approximately 4,700 homes with Heating and Power with Steam sourced from a nearby Waste Incinerator.
We are recruiting for a Plant Operations Technician to join the Operations team, responsible for safely and efficiently running the CHP Power Station and District Heating Network.
Role & Responsibilities
As Plant Operations Technician, reporting to the Plant Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant including pumps, water treatment plant, motors, boiler plant etc
- Assisting with first line maintenance which includes working on high-pressure steam pipework
- Undertaking sampling / analysis duties of water treatment plant including feed waters
- Process any deliveries for consumables, ensuring safe storage as directed by the Engineering Team
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Document and log all events and activities inline with company policy
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ/C&G in an Engineering discipline
- Ideally experienced in operating boiler plant (BOAS Certified) and Water Treatment Systems
- Prior experience of Steam Raising Plant operations and maintenance
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers with Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
Package and benefits
What's on offer for you:
- A competitive starting salary with room for progression
- Benefits including government pension, holidays and more
- Working on a shift rota with 17 days off per cycle
If you'd like to find out more, please get in touch with Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or email a CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All our live vacancies are advertised, please go to www.astutetechnical.co.uk to see what other opportunities are available.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.