Plant Operations Engineer - CHP
|Job Title:||Plant Operations Engineer - CHP|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2018 16:37|
Plant Operations Engineer - Combined Heat & Power
Competitive Salary + Benefits
As Plant Operations Engineer / Shift Manager you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the City District Heating Scheme. Utilising a 14.5MW Condensing Steam Turbine, you'll be maximising the generation of electricity and maintaining steam requirements throughout the plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Engineer as Plant Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The safe and efficient operation of the plant maintaining Steam Pressure and Temperature and managing the control of distribution of electrical power to customers.
- Liaising with staff at the Energy from Waste Incinerator to ensure steam requirements are met, improve performance and improve availability.
- Oversee and monitor the District Heating Scheme, utilising backup Gas Boilers if required to meet contractual requirements for heat/steam.
- Act as an Authorised Person for High Voltage Switching and the operation of Turbine Alternators.
- Managing all documentation as required for the Environmental Permits, ensuring records are accurately kept and available at all times.
- Manage and supervise the workload of the Plant Operation Technicians to ensure 24/7 coverage.
- Assisting with reactive and preventative maintenance activities and also with the installation and commissioning of new equipment
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HND/ ONC / HNC in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- Prior steam powered electricity generation experience (Power Station, Utilities, Steel Mill, Paper Mill etc)
- Knowledge of PSSR and relevant legislation such as Safe Systems of Work, Safety Rules, Permit for Work systems
- High Voltage Authorised Persons status
- NEBOSH or IOSH or relevant Health & Safety Qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to work with one of the UK's first District Heating Schemes
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
CHP Plant Engineer - Combined Heat
£32000.00 - £34000.00 per annum + Pension and Overtime
HV Electrical Engineer - CHP
West End, London
HV Electrical Engineer - CHP
City of Westminster, London
Up to £42500.00 per annum + Benefits
Shift Team Leader - Biomass CHP
Assistant Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
£33000 - £35000.00 per annum + 10% bonus, pension