Plant Manager - Recycling Plant - Milton Keynes
|Job Title:||Plant Manager - Recycling Plant - Milton Keynes|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £42000.00 per annum + Car & bonus|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||March 20, 2018 16:08|
Plant Manager (Recycling) - Milton Keynes
Location Milton Keynes
Salary Up to £42k plus car and bonus
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste and Resource Management specialists, offering a full range of services, from the collection of municipal and commercial waste, the recycling and processing of such materials, to the to the production of green energy in their state of the art EFW facilities operating throughout the UK.
We're looking for a Plant Manager with a processing and operational management background, combined with an understanding of the waste derived fuel/recycling industry to join their team as a Manager on their Milton Keynes MRF.
You will have complete responsibility and accountability for the efficient, safe and profitable running of the plant across all areas and you will look to improve productivity and introduce new materials that can be recycled where possible.
Your key responsibilities will be
- To ensure that the Site is operated efficiently and safely with health and safety, environmental compliance, customer service levels and the needs of the local community at the forefront.
- To manage and organise efficient and safe handling of waste material by adopting best practice principles to ensure costs and revenues are controlled to maximise site profitability.
- To constantly seek opportunities to improve plant productivity, maximise range of materials recycled or recovered and generate additional revenues.
- To ensure that operational and maintenance activities are carried out whilst achieving minimum downtime.
- To ensure that safe systems of work are in place and all staff are trained for their respective job and that attendance levels are achieved and managed appropriately.
- To be fully aware of planning consents and waste disposal permits relating to the Site and ensure they are not breached.
- To maintain day-to-day contact with the Environment Agency and undertake regular meetings on matters such as site permits, waste types and compliance issues.
To be considered for our role you will need
- Ideally educated to at least A level standard; ideally a graduate in a relevant or process discipline.
- Experience of process engineering and operational management, ideally within the waste or similar process industry with regulatory controls.
- Relevant CoTC, or prepared to work towards gaining this.
- Experienced in preparing and working to budgets.
- Experienced in recruiting, managing and developing teams in a production environment with a track record of delivering to production and financial targets.
- Proven ability as a line manager; able to recruit, develop, motivate and control operations and technical staff working in a processing, extractive industry or utility environment.
- First class communication skills, written and oral. Confident spokesperson, credible as a representative of the company with external contacts, such as Environment Agency, other regulatory bodies and community groups.
- A strong health and safety awareness and determination to improve health and safety aspects of the operation
- Commercially astute and results orientated.
In return they can offer
Not only does this present you with a first-class opportunity to join on of the UK's most highly regarded Waste Specialist but you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package in line with a position of this seniority. For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Chris Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288214.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £40000 per annum
Maintenance Technician - Mehcanical
£24 - £35000.00 per annum
North London, London
£37990.00 - £38000 per annum
Up to £36000 per annum
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum