Plant Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
|Job Title:||Plant Manager - Energy from Waste Plant|
|Salary:||car bonus pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2019 17:37|
Plant Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
Excellent salary + car + bonus
We are currently recruiting a Plant Manager for an operational recycling and energy from waste plant in Glasgow in its early stages of its life cycle. This plant is capable of processing 200,000 tonnes of waste per year that would have otherwise gone to landfill - enough to power around 26,500 homes. The Plant Manager will ultimately be responsible for the delivery of contractual and commercial targets of the plant as well as ensuring the plant is being operated and maintained to the highest standard.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the MD of Energy typical duties of the Plant Manager will include:
- Providing strong and clear leadership to the site O&M team to deliver a highly efficient facility in line with the company behaviours and values
- Daily management of the facility including supervising and management of the O&M and administration functions
- Direct management of waste supply and disposal contracts
- The effective implementation of a plant QHSE plan
- Ensuring a high level of plant availability, throughput of waste and energy production
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with the local authority with expert knowledge of the contract
- Regularly provide reports and KPI information on the plant's performance
- Responsible for all outward interfaces from the facility including the city council, waste collection authorities and environmental contacts
Further details can be obtained on request
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Significant experience in a managing a large or complex process plant / facility. EFW or power generation would be preferable but would also consider cement works, waste / recycling, steel works, paper mill, chemical plant etc
- A strong commercial background. Contract management is a must have
- A strong technical background with an engineering qualification such as a degree/HND/HNC e.g. mechanical, electrical or similar
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience. Stakeholder management is key
- P&L and management experience
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- An excellent basic salary
- A company car or car allowance
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
- Additional benefits
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Manager - Energy from Waste Outages
North Yorkshire, England
Up to £60000.00 per annum
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits
Mechanical Fitter - Energy From Waste
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + OT + Benefits
Shift Operations Technician New Energy from Waste
Belfast, County Antrim
£29000 - £35400 per annum + Benefits
Compliance Engineer - Energy from Waste
£45000 - £55000 per annum