|Job Title:||Plant Manager|
|Salary:||£45000.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Becki Wensley|
|Job Published:||August 18, 2016 08:21|
Plant Manager - Power Generation
Location - Peterborough
We are currently seeking a Plant Manager to oversee the smooth day to day running of a power plant in Peterborough. Our client, a rapidly expanding provider to the National Grid are looking for someone to deal with the inspection and maintenance of their plant consisting of 12 large diesel gensets.
Your responsibilities as Plant Manager will include:
- Analysing and identifying faults in diesel engines during running & action repair works
- Taking readings, maintenance, test runs and inspections
- Relevant paperwork, planning work, dealing with spares etc.
- Being the 'first responder' to the 24/7 plant for faults and breakdowns
- Undertaking minor electrical & mechanical maintenance when required
- Being responsible for the supervision & management of onsite contractors etc.
- Being actively involved in training to act as an Authorised Person
- Running and testing other sites from the control room
The ideal applicant will have:
- At least 5 years' relevant experience within this field
- Good knowledge of diesel engines/gensets
- Excellent leadership abilities
- A relevant qualification (HNC/HND/ONC etc.)
- Existing Authorised Person qualification
- Your own vehicle and a full & clean UK driving licence
- Experience in HV electrical generation/distribution systems and associated control/communications systems
The salary our client is offering is circa £45,000 plus benefits and depending on experience.
If you or anyone you know of are interested in applying for this progressive position in an expanding company, please email a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com or call Becki Wensley on 023 92 221 600 for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Plant Operator - Biomass Power Plant
£3000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
C&I Technician - New Energy from Waste Plant
E&I Technician - New Build Biomass Power Plant
Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
Up to £37000.00 per annum + Benefits
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Engineering & Maintenance Manager - Energy from Waste
£58000 - £62000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension