|Job Title:||Plant Hire - Senior Manager|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Roxanne Wharton|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2017|
Senior Manager - Plant Hire - Berskhire/Surrey - Up to £40k + benefits
One of our clients within the waste industry is looking for a positive and self-motivated senior manager to manage the business development and operational performance of the plant group and to work towards the company's goals in terms of profitability and market leadership.
- Manage the business development and operational performance of the Plant group to deliver the company's goals in terms of profitability and market leadership.
- Work with the Sales team and Senior Management team to propose and agree annual business plans including sales growth, business development and operational delivery targets. Provide regular reports and forecasts.
- Ensure that all area staff are aware of, and adhere to, all relevant local and external health and safety laws and policies.
- Manage key client relationships and control the development of sales portfolio's to ensure the business is correctly positioned to deliver its operational and financial targets.
- Lead sales and manage the trade-off between sales volumes and margins. Working with Senior Management to set pricing policies (consideration of objectives with client needs and equipment levels).
- Analyse, evaluate and monitor operational performance indicators, ensuring monthly performance is clearly understood in regard to customer service, quality standards, operational efficiency, and financial results.
- Establish clear accountabilities and responsibilities for area team/s and ensure individuals are focused on areas that improve and exceed performance and customer expectations.
- Direct, develop, motivate and support all sales and operational reports, in order to ensure that business objectives are met to agreed timescales.
- Identify and implement improvement programmes and optimise the structure of the business to obtain maximum sales and operational efficiencies.
- Establish strong people management practices across the area to attract, develop and retain key skills and competencies required for optimum business performance.
- Ensure the assets of the area are used effectively to achieve the return on capital.
- Ensure that the area business is legally compliant with all local employment /regulatory requirements.
- Set the standards of ethics, behaviour and attitude required.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
- Professional business development and/or operational management experience with a successful track record in delivering sales.
- Previous experience of P&L management including planning.
- Knowledge of the Plant Hire industry and ability to develop extensive knowledge of local customer base, competitor activity and buying behaviours.
- Understanding of business planning activities to include cost recovery, revenue recognition and organisational design.
- Credible communicator with demonstrable leadership skills and ability to influence and negotiate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant H&S legislation and company policy.
- Proactive & constructive in problem solving and conflict management.
- Excellent organisational skills & attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Clean driving license & good geographical knowledge.
- Proven experience in managing a sales portfolio of customers and excellent knowledge of product range.
- Responsible & fully accountable.
- Positive and self-motivated as well as a good motivator. Be open to and encourage change.
Please call Roxanne @ ASTUTE on 02392 222 965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.