Plant Hire - Senior Manager
|Job Title:||Plant Hire - Senior Manager|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Roxanne Wharton|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2017 13:22|
Senior Manager - Plant Hire - Berskhire/Surrey - Up to £40k + benefits
One of our clients within the waste industry is looking for a positive and self-motivated senior manager to manage the business development and operational performance of the plant group and to work towards the company's goals in terms of profitability and market leadership.
- Manage the business development and operational performance of the Plant group to deliver the company's goals in terms of profitability and market leadership.
- Work with the Sales team and Senior Management team to propose and agree annual business plans including sales growth, business development and operational delivery targets. Provide regular reports and forecasts.
- Ensure that all area staff are aware of, and adhere to, all relevant local and external health and safety laws and policies.
- Manage key client relationships and control the development of sales portfolio's to ensure the business is correctly positioned to deliver its operational and financial targets.
- Lead sales and manage the trade-off between sales volumes and margins. Working with Senior Management to set pricing policies (consideration of objectives with client needs and equipment levels).
- Analyse, evaluate and monitor operational performance indicators, ensuring monthly performance is clearly understood in regard to customer service, quality standards, operational efficiency, and financial results.
- Establish clear accountabilities and responsibilities for area team/s and ensure individuals are focused on areas that improve and exceed performance and customer expectations.
- Direct, develop, motivate and support all sales and operational reports, in order to ensure that business objectives are met to agreed timescales.
- Identify and implement improvement programmes and optimise the structure of the business to obtain maximum sales and operational efficiencies.
- Establish strong people management practices across the area to attract, develop and retain key skills and competencies required for optimum business performance.
- Ensure the assets of the area are used effectively to achieve the return on capital.
- Ensure that the area business is legally compliant with all local employment /regulatory requirements.
- Set the standards of ethics, behaviour and attitude required.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
- Professional business development and/or operational management experience with a successful track record in delivering sales.
- Previous experience of P&L management including planning.
- Knowledge of the Plant Hire industry and ability to develop extensive knowledge of local customer base, competitor activity and buying behaviours.
- Understanding of business planning activities to include cost recovery, revenue recognition and organisational design.
- Credible communicator with demonstrable leadership skills and ability to influence and negotiate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant H&S legislation and company policy.
- Proactive & constructive in problem solving and conflict management.
- Excellent organisational skills & attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Clean driving license & good geographical knowledge.
- Proven experience in managing a sales portfolio of customers and excellent knowledge of product range.
- Responsible & fully accountable.
- Positive and self-motivated as well as a good motivator. Be open to and encourage change.
Please call Roxanne @ ASTUTE on 02392 222 965 or email email@example.com for more info!
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mobile Plant Mechanic - Basildon - Up to £37K
£32000.00 - £37000.00 per annum
Assistant Transport Manager
£15 - £20 per hour
Maintenance Manager - Essex - £50K
Up to £50000.00 per annum
Demolition Manager - Bracknell - £50K
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Maintenance Engineer - Peterborough - £35k+
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum