|Job Title:||Plant Assistant|
|Location:||East London, London|
|Contact Name:||Zubair Ahmed|
|Job Published:||August 24, 2018 11:52|
Plant Assistant - CHP
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute are looking for an Operations Technician to join the expanding Operations Team on a Combined Heat and Power facility in East London. Utilising the latest technology, the site is producing ~20MW of Heat & Power from used fats, oils and greases (FOGS) from the local area.
Reporting to the Site Operations Supervisor you will be part of a Shift Team responsible for supporting the safe and efficient running of the plant including managing road tanker movements as well as testing and discharging of fuels.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Supervisor, as the Plant Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing towards the safe and efficient operation of the plant adhering to environmental compliance
- Following operational policies & procedures as well as being involved in process sampling, plant outages, plant projects, etc.
- Supporting the Operations Technicians and other team members to maximise plant availability and reliably
- Supporting site activities such as operating mobile plant including forklift trucks
- Assisting with vehicle marshalling on site
- Supporting the acceptance and control of the site spares
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- C&G/NVQ Level 3 in Engineering/Plant Operations or Apprentice qualified (desirable)
- Experience working in Power Generation or any other heavy process environment in a similar based role
- Mechanical/Electrical maintenance skillset
- IOSH or H&S certificate (desirable)
- Royal Navy Marine Engineer Leading Marine Engineers are welcome to apply
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits Package
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 222 963 and ask to speak to Zubair Ahmed who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Plant Operations Manager
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£50000 - £55000 per annum + benefits
Contract Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Plant
Stock Controller - New Energy from Waste Plant
£64 - £29566.00 per annum + pension + bonus
£12 - £15 per hour + Dependant on Ltd or Umbrella
£14 - £18 per annum + Dependant on Ltd or Umbrella