Performance Engineer - CCGT Power Station
|Job Title:||Performance Engineer - CCGT Power Station|
|Salary:||Bonus & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2019 08:33|
Performance Engineer - Thermal Power Generation
North East Lincolnshire
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for a Performance Engineer / Production Co-Ordinator to join a 1365MW CCGT in the North East of Lincolnshire. The role will be focused on ensuring the plant is operated safely in order to achieve targets as demanded by National Grid.
The client operates across six countries, with over 20,000 employees focused on Power Generation, Trading and Energy management. Currently owning three assets in the UK with a pipeline of new CCGT and EFW's this is an exciting time to join this international company.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, as Performance & Production Co-Ordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and co-ordinating daily production plans in line with company traders, the operation & maintenance team to minimise downtime in order to maximise availability to ensure targets are met.
- Monitoring thermal efficiency, plant availability and planning outages to ensure the plan is available to meet key demands.
- Identifying trends and creating a performance model to track site efficiencies, providing reports on findings to identify areas of improvement.
- Assist with projects where reliability / efficiency improvements can be made, planning performance tests and monitoring OEM performance.
- Liaise with third party stakeholders including external parties.
- Carry out internal and statutory reporting ensuring requirements are met for generation, EU ETS and PPC Licences.
- Carry out all actions in line with company and statutory health and safety legislation.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HNC / HND in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Ideally a NEBOSH or IOSH
- Prior experience in a CCGT / Thermal Power Station, candidates from Energy from Waste or Biomass or similar Power Station plants would be considered
- Background in plant performance / efficiency with an understanding of Thermodynamics would be advantageous
This role would suit a Shift Manager / Shift Team Leader who is looking to move into a Day position, similar to a Operations Engineer position.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Highly competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Benefits such as pension and private medical
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Environmental Health & Safety Manager - CCGT Power Station
Technical Sales Engineer - M&E Power Station Services
Bonus & Benefits
EC&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
bonus + benefits
Assistant Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
£35000 - £37000.00 per annum + Benefits
Head of Engineering - Thermal Power Generation
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£80000 - £100000.00 per annum + Bonus & Car & Benefits