|Job Title:||PCB Production Process Engineer|
|Salary:||£28000.00 - £34000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2019|
PCB Production Engineer
circa £30-32k DOE
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN UK SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE - APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FULFIL THIS CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
I'm looking to speak with an ambitious Electronics Engineer that's keen to develop their career by joining an established, successful, and forward-thinking engineering firm delivering the design, manufacture, assembly, and testing of high integrity electrical and mechanical solutions to a range of demanding highly regulated industries.
With proven PCB production experience in a low to medium volume high technology environment, you will have demonstrable experience of implementing continuous improvement methodologies in the following areas:
- Project management of the implementation of best practice manufacturing techniques
- System, equipment and tooling enhancements to improve efficiency
- Direct liaison with design teams from concept capture through NPI phases to ensure best possible design for manufacture and assembly efficiency
- Identification of clear metrics to assess process improvement targets, and close monitoring and reporting of progress towards same
- Primary point of contact between PCB manufacturing and engineering teams, to ensure all tasks are completed as expected
With a detailed and comprehensive knowledge of PCB processing methods and an understanding of design engineering, the ideal candidate will have worked within an SME environment that has exposed them to the full project life cycle from design to test. This would preferably be in the aerospace or defence sector, but other low to medium volume high technology backgrounds will be considered.
Close co-operation between all elements of the design, production and test process is key, and the successful candidate will be one that seeks to engage with their colleagues, add value at every opportunity and proactively utilise lessons learned to develop their own and the company's overall best practice.
You will ideally hold:
- HNC minimum in relevant engineering discipline
- Knowledge of / certification in Kaizen or other recognized lean methodology
- Proven competence in PCB assembly procedures
- Experience selecting and procuring capital equipment
- Background in aerospace or defence sector
What's on offer
The opportunity to be part of an inclusive team with a shared purpose - you will be joining this business at an exciting period of growth and be involved with varied and exciting projects of national significance.
A solid starting salary and excellent working hours, alongside excellent development prospects will reward someone that is keen to build their career in this role.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.