Operations Technician - Power Station
|Job Title:||Operations Technician - Power Station|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£64 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jane Walsh|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2019 09:23|
Shift Operations Technician - Power Station
£33,000 - £46,000 + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting an Operations Technician / Shift Plant Operator to join an operational Energy from Waste power station in the West Midlands area. Whilst on shift the Operations Technician will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the power station via a SCADA system whilst ensuring environmental compliance at all times.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader the Operations Technician will be responsible for:
- Using a SCADA system you will be required to start, stop and monitor turbines, boilers, pumps, water treatment plant and more
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Performing plant walk round and daily checks to ensure equipment is operating correctly and efficiently
- Monitoring of continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS) and perform corrective adjustments to the process when required
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff
- Working within the company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/ONC/NVQ in an engineering discipline is desirable
- At least 4 years of operations experience gained from the power generation, EfW, biomass or chemical industries. Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered
- The willingness to learn and undergo a short training period which will involve learning the plant and the processes and procedures involved in operating a power station
- An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification is desirable but not essential
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Operations Technician vacancy as follows:
- A salary of £33,000 - £46,000 (depending on experience)
- A performance related bonus
- An excellent company pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02393 910 039 to speak to Jane who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Operations Manager - New EFW Power Station
£60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, pension
Rotating Plant Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Plant Operations Technician - CHP
Shift Operations Technician New Energy from Waste
Belfast, County Antrim
£29000 - £35400 per annum + Benefits
Principal Electrical Engineer - Power Generation
Central Belt, Scotland