Operations Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
|Job Title:||Operations Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£33000 - £46000 per annum + bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2018 17:29|
Shift Operations Technician - Power Station
£33,000 - £46,000 + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting an Operations Technician / Shift Plant Operator to join an operational Energy from Waste power station in the West Midlands area. Whilst on shift the Operations Technician will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the power station via a SCADA system whilst ensuring environmental compliance at all times.
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader the Operations Technician will be responsible for:
- Using a SCADA system you will be required to start, stop and monitor turbines, boilers, pumps, water treatment plant and more
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Performing plant walk round and daily checks to ensure equipment is operating correctly and efficiently
- Monitoring of continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS) and perform corrective adjustments to the process when required
- Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff
- Working within the company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/ONC/NVQ in an engineering discipline is desirable
- At least 4 years of operations experience gained from the power generation, EfW, biomass or chemical industries. Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch keeping experience will also be considered
- The willingness to learn and undergo a short training period which will involve learning the plant and the processes and procedures involved in operating a power station
- An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification is desirable but not essential
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Operations Technician vacancy as follows:
- A salary of £33,000 - £46,000 (depending on experience)
- A performance related bonus
- An excellent company pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station
Electrical Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
North London, London
Up to £39700.00 per annum + OT + Call out + benefits
ElectricaI Technician - Power Station
£37000 - £37925.00 per annum + benefits
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste
Bonus + Pension
Project Engineer - Energy from Waste
£43000 - £47500.00 per annum + Car + benefits