Operations Manager - Waste Management - Leicester
|Job Title:||Operations Manager - Waste Management - Leicester|
|Salary:||Car + bonus scheme|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||December 01, 2017 15:21|
Operations Manager - MRF Recycling - Leicester - Up to £45K plus car and package
Our client is one of the leading Waste Management specialists operating here in the UK and provides a comprehensive range of collection and recycling services across the East Midlands. Their facility offers a full recycling led sorting and processing service using dedicated material handling and sorting equipment to separate the feedstock into various constituent components, and forms part of a 25-year PFI contract for the East Midlands region.
The role itself
Reporting to the Plant Manager the purpose of the role is to manage the site from an Engineering and Operational front, whilst ensuring it is in compliance with relevant legislation and company procedures whilst delivering to the financial and non-financial targets set for the Facility itself.
The role requires the management and motivation of multi-disciplined staff following company policies and procedures to deliver the targets established, whilst also working within the management team to deliver and reinforce the company strategy and exceed customer expectations.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- To provide full management and leadership support to the Operational & Engineering teams onsite
- Promote and support a Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing ethos throughout the business (good understanding of 5S and the use of in the workplace would be deemed highly desirable)
- Strong understanding of PPM and it use in a process led environment to help reduce maintenance needs.
- Help identify and address technical challenges on site using Rout Cause Analysis and other tools to help reduce downtime on the plant itself.
- Ensure compliance with environmental permit(s) and associated documentation.
- Ensure compliance with relevant H&S legislation.
- Management and motivation of staff to ensure consistent operation of the site.
- Organisation of services to meet customer needs.
- Work with existing and new suppliers to aid the operation of the site and development of recycling/disposal options.
- Deliver targeted profits.
Your skills and knowledge
To be considered for this role the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate significant managerial and Engineering knowledge, combined with firm grasp of H&S and at the same time work closely with your team to ensure the company is working with the legislative controls in place for a fully operational Processing facility.
Academically you will be qualified in an Engineering or Process led discipline, or have followed the time served route. Due the importance of H&S a NEBOSH or further H&S qualification would be desirable.
As discussed, the role will encompass managing both the people and operation side of the business in a very process lead working environment. Ideally you will have previously worked within an automated process-based manufacturing environment and an understanding of Lean Manufacturing and six sigma methodology. A knowledge of Waste Recycling would be helpful but equally prior experience in FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Heavy Industrial, Aggregates, Quarrying, Energy Recovery, etc. would be considered.
What's on offer
In return our client can offer a very competitive package and the opportunity to manage one of the Midlands largest recycling facilities. To be considered for the role or if you would be interested in learning more feel free to contact Chris Jones on 02392 288214, or email your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
LGV Technician / Mechanic - Leicester - Up to £35k
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£28000.00 - £33000.00 per annum
West Malling, Kent
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Car
£110 - £19400.00 per annum