Operations Manager - New EFW Power Station
|Job Title:||Operations Manager - New EFW Power Station|
|Salary:||car, bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||December 22, 2017 15:39|
Operations Manager - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + car/car allowance + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting the Operations Manager to join the new Javelin Park Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. The Operations Manager will form part of the Senior Management Team and will be responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of the plant and processes on site ensuring the plant is compliant with environmental legislations and permits.
The Javelin Park EFW plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes. This plant will also cut carbon emission by 40,000 tonnes and save local taxpayers £150million.
What will I be doing?
Reporting in to the General Manager, typical duties of the Operations Manager will include:
- Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- The day to day management of 20 + operations staff including shift teams and operations day staff
- Ensuring the EfW plant operates and complies within environmental regulations at all times
- Liaising with the Maintenance Manager and other relevant personnel regarding projects maintenance, outages and programming of plant improvements
- Overseeing 3rd party contractors
- Preparing the annual budget for the operations department for review and work within this budget
- Liaising with company directors and managers as well as external stakeholders such as contractors, principal client and the environmental agency
- Working with the General Manager and Maintenance Manager in the recruitment of the O&M Teams
- Deputising for the General Manager and Maintenance Manager when required
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Extensive operations experience in the power generation sector. This can include energy from waste, CCGT, coal or biomass
- A relevant technical qualification such as a degree/HND/HNC in an engineering discipline e.g. mechanical, electrical or C&I
- Experience in managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- A company car or car allowance - details TBC
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a brand new EFW facility at the very start
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Technician - Power Station - EFW
callout + healthcare + OT
Shift Operator - New Biomass Power Station
Shift Operations Technician - Power Station
Up to £51000 per annum + healthcare, pension
Stores Person - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Shift Operations Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
£39000 - £41000.00 per annum + Bonus + benefits